twenty-four

"You going to tell me or just stare at me?" Alycia asks flicking her eyes back and forth between mine as I drop my head, shaking it from side to side

"You going to tell me or just stare at me?" Alycia asks flicking her eyes back and forth between mine as I drop my head, shaking it from side to side. "Y/N?"

"There's a bounty on my head," I quickly say picking up my head. "The piece of paper isn't the true story. It tells what happens but not the truth of what happened and why there's a bounty over my head."

"Wh-What do you mean?" Alycia's eyes shift back and forth between mine and I bite my lip, placing my hands on my hips. I watch Alycia's eyes shift down to the paper, her eyes slowly reading through it. I wait a minute, staying quiet just watching her read it. As her eyes read along I seen her eyes go wide then soften, her jaw drop then close and repeat. I clench my jaw and soon enough Alycia holds up the paper followed with her head but our eyes never met.

"You killed someone when you were in middle school?"

"No. I didn't kill anyone," I plead, taking a step forward but Alycia takes a step back. "Alycia-"

"You better explain this right now considering you're not telling anyone and you're hiding this. Tell me the truth Y/N," Alycia cut me off. Silence fills the room briefly as my eyes soften more than they were nodding my head separating my lips.

Taps appear on my shoulder causing me to flinch and turn around slightly. There my eyes lock with Gia's eyes. A small smile rises to my lips looking back and forth between the girl's eyes. "Hey Gia," I gently say. The girl gives me a small smile before looking around the almost empty room. I slowly tear my eyes from the girl and look around too, no one paying attention to us. Everyone just doing their own work.

"Can we talk?" Gia asks and I look back to her. Her eyes looked fearful and I slowly nod my head, packing my stuff up quickly swinging my backpack strap over my shoulder before the both of us head out the door and walk out the door. Silence stays between us as we walk. I remained silent, not wanting to push anything especially since there was this tense feeling coming from the girl. Eventually though we come to a stop and sit on a bench out front of the school. My eyes remain on her as I see her hands tremble.

"Gia, what's going on? You okay?" I ask, looking down at her hands then back up to her face.

"I don't know," the girl breathes out causing me to tilt my head. "There's this awful feeling inside me. I feel...sick."

"Sick? Did you take something?" I ask, leaning forward a bit. Gia's eyes squeeze together tightly shaking her head from side to side but then she shrugs. "Gia, what did you take?"

"That's the thing...All I've had today was apple juice. I didn't take my medication," Gia whispers. I clench my jaw and glance around before looking back at the young girl.

"Okay, I'm calling an ambulance," I say, pulling out my phone. Once I pull it out and go to pull up to dial Gia reaches out and places her hands over my hand and my phone. I slowly pick up my eyes and look to her as her eyes were open.