seventeen

Alycia moves slightly in her sleep causing me to tear my eyes from the door and down to her

Alycia moves slightly in her sleep causing me to tear my eyes from the door and down to her. There I find her picking her head up. I gently remove my arm from around her. I cup my hands together watching the girl as she rubs at her eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say gently as her hand drops from her eyes and locks them with mine. She looks at me confused. One brow raised. I bite my lip shaking my head. "I shouldn't of told you what my dream was about. I probably scared you and I don't want that."

"Y/N-" Alycia pauses a second shaking her head as she scoots closer to me a bit, placing her hand on my arm. "I'm glad you told me. Did it freak me out? Well yeah but it was just a dream."

"Yeah..." I tear my eyes from Alycia's and back to the door still feeling her eyes on me.

"Did you sleep anymore?" She asks and I shake my head from side to side. "You could've woken me up so you had company."

A slight chuckle escapes my lips. "You needed sleep Alycia. So I let you sleep-" I pause a moment turning my head towards them. "Besides I had your company. You're in the same room."

"Yeah but I wasn't awake. I could've talked to you. We could've talked or something." Alycia shrugs and tears her eyes from me.

"You're right but I want you to rest. It's more important than talking most of the time." Alycia nods her head up and down slowly. I don't know if she really agreed or not. If she did or didn't it didn't really matter I guess. But this silence that fell over us was comfortable. I didn't want it to be quiet but it's not like we could get up and leave either thanks to Rovvie.

Knocks appear at the door causing Alycia's hand to lift from my leg. I glance down to where her hand was but look back up at the door as it opens revealing Rovvie.

"Hey you two," he says standing in the door way. "How's the talking going?"

"Great," Alycia and I both say at the same time before looking at one another. A small smile spread to my lips as one did to her own as we look away and back at Rovvie. He's nodding his head as his eyes shift between the two of us.

"Alright. You guys can come out. Lily, Tessa and Cherry were talking my ear off how this wasn't really right for me to do. And a bunch of other nonsense," Rovvie explains shrugging his shoulders.

"But didn't you say you did this when you were having heat with someone for training in the military?" I ask and Rovvie nods his head up and down.

"That's right and it works. Except for you two it's just a way for you two to talk. In the military it helped us get to figure out our problems with one another."

"Seems like two different things Rov," I say sliding off of the bed feeling my feet hit the floor. Rovvie nods and shrugs again.

"I guess it could be, but I'll leave you two. Gale's made food so come get some when you're ready," Rovvie said before turning and heading out the room and down the hall to his left.8 nod and take several steps away from the bed and Alycia.

"I'll meet you up there," I say glancing over my shoulder to the girl. She slides off of the bed and stands, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You okay?" Alycia asks and I nod my head, giving her a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm good. I just got to do something, but go eat. Get coffee," I say causing Alycia to nod her head up and down. I nod back briefly turning my head back around and heading out the door.

<<<<>>>>

Water splashes in my face. My eyes stay closed together tightly turning the faucet off and gripping the edges of the sink. A low sigh escapes my lips. The water was refreshing for sure. Cold and icy.

"You have a tattoo on your back?" Alycia's voice fills the room causing me to push myself up. I turn around swiftly letting go of the sink spotting Alycia with her arms over her chest. Our eyes lock briefly before I turn my head away and grab a fresh black t-shirt knowing I was only in my sports bra. "Y/N?"

"I got the tattoo when I was 18," I finally say going to put my shirt on when I see Alycia come into the restroom more.

"Can I look at it?" Alycia asks and I stop, pausing a moment looking at her eyes. Silence draws between us and I nod my head slowly turning around letting my shirt linger on just my arms. Within a few seconds I hear Alycia get closer, silence staying between us for a while. I bite my bottom lip gently looking down at the sink before feeling fingertips trace along my back. I flinch a bit but then relax feeling the girl tracing the tattoo but then feel her stop just letting her fingers linger there.

"The birds represent freedom both mentally and physically," I whisper glancing gently over my shoulder. I could barely see Alycia, but could tell her eyes were just lingering on my upper back, shoulder area where my tattoo was. "At the time it felt refreshing, giving me a new, fresh start from everything in my past..."

"Does it still not give you that feeling?" Alycia asks, her voice low. I shrug a bit, shaking my head.

"I don't know-" I pause then continue. "The idea's still there, but certain factors in life from the past several months hasn't felt all that... free."

Alycia takes her hand from my back and removes it. I take that as a go ahead to put my shirt on. I pull it on over my shoulder and pull it down before turning around. There I find Alycia's face inches away. Our eyes lock and I hold my breathe a moment looking back and forth between her green eyes. I tear my eyes away from her shaking my head from side to side before hearing a couple knocks at the door. There I pick up my head seeing Alycia step off to the side as the both of us now look to find Gale.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt," he says, his eyes flicking between me and Alycia. "Y/N can I speak to you in private for a second?"

I nod my head up and down glancing over to Alycia. Alycia looks over at me and nods her head, walking towards the door. Silence stays in the room as Alycia walks towards the door and walks out. I clench my jaw and then look to Gale who walks into the room a bit more and crosses his arms over his chest.

"What's up Gale?" I ask, looking to him.

"There was a few people walking around outside," Gale says causing me to tilt my head to the side.

"Did they leave?" I ask.

Gale shrugs. "I'm not sure. They went into one of the blind spots. Billy and I were suppose to get a camera up in that spot but you know how everything happened we just didn't get around to it-"

"Gale," I say wanting him to hurry up. The guy nods.

"Billy's looking at the cams now wanting to watch but he wanted me to come tell you seeming as Rovvie took your radio." I glance down and realize that Rovvie did still have my radio. A sigh escapes my lips as I nod my head.

"Alright let's head down to the comms room-" I pause and walk towards Gale heading past him. "If they're not gone then we have a much bigger issue on our hands-" Before I could finish my sentence I feel a hard blow to the back of my head causing me to fall to the left hitting the ground as blackness takes over swiftly.