twenty-one

I tense a bit as I move in my seat, flipping a piece of paper over

I tense a bit as I move in my seat, flipping a piece of paper over. However I shrug it off and continue letting my eyes scan through documents until I see out of the corner of my eye Billy sit in the chair next to me. I slowly pick up my head and lock with his eyes.

"Billy?" I say, switching my eyes back and forth between his eyes.

"You alright?" He asks and I nod my head giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm good. You find anything?" I ask, as he sets a piece of paper down on the table before sliding it towards me. I release the paper I had in mine and reach over, leaning forward feeling my stomach twist a bit. I clench my jaw and fight through it grabbing the paper and beginning to scan it.

I take a moment, feeling Billy's eyes on me. I tilt my head to the side as I read through before glancing my head up, locking my eyes back with Billy's.

"Is this real?" I ask, looking back and forth between Billy's eyes. He looks down to his hands slowly nodding his head looking sad. I sink my teeth into my lip shaking ny head from side to side sliding the paper back over to him. I lean forward and lower my voice. "Do we tell everyone?"

"I don't know," Billy whispers back shaking his head. "Part of me didn't want to know but at the same time..." His voice trails and I slowly nod tearing my eyes from him. "You don't have to decide right now. Sit on it. Everyone's still going through stuff anyway."

I nod ny head up and down beginning to feel my fingers mess with one another. As I do I feel Billy place his hand overtop of mine, causing me to glance back at him. A small smile appears on his lips as he nods his head. I nod back briefly as he lifts his hand and gets up from the seat heading away. A low sigh escapes my lips as I look back to my own papers before feeling a hand on my left shoulder. Slowly I turn my head and look up meeting Alycia's eyes.

"Hey," I say, with a small smile. She gives me one back walking around me and heading to the seat on my right. I follow and watch as she sits and scoots her chair near me more.

"You know you can take a break. We don't have to ig ure out everything right away," Alycia says, her voice low and sweet. I nod my head up and down slowly.

"I know... And realistically we can't find out everything right away," I respond a small grin on my lips as Alycia rolls her eyes. A slight chuckle escapes my lips as Alycia's lips separate, getting ready to speak when someone else does.

"Hey, we found something," Rovvie speaks up at the other end of the table. Him and Ducky stand up straight from the hundreds of files around them. Everyone in the room goes quiet and stops what they're doing, turning to Rovvie and Ducky.

"This thing started 2 years ago," Ducky begins. "The goal was to start bounties are a large amount of people. Corporations, businesses big or small, and protection services." I clench my jaw and lean back in my seat, glancing my eyes down to the table.