fourteen

"Waffles?" Alycia smiles as I set down the plate in front of her

"Waffles?" Alycia smiles as I set down the plate in front of her. A small smile stays on my lips as I pull my hand back, looking at the two waffles. Strawberries as the eyes and blueberries as a smile.

"I have whip cream and syrup and butter if you like," I say, tilting my head to the side. Alycia looks up from the plate and nods. I nod back and turn around on my heels walking to the fridge. I open the door and reach in grabbing the three things then turn placing them in between where Alycia sits and where I'll sit. When I sit the last thing down I look to Alycia before turning and grabbing the coffees I made. I turn around slowly and set one in front of Alycia and the other in my spot, followed with my plate with one waffle on it.

Afterwards I walk around the counter and take a seat in the bar stool next to Alycia. Once I've sat I pick up my eyes to see Alycia grab the whip cream and take off the lid. I bite my lip as she reaches towards my plate and squirts a little bit on the blueberry smile in two different places. My head tilts to the side and a small smile spreads to my lips even wider than before seeing she had made it into a vampire. When I hear the whip cream again I glance over to Alycia's plate seeing her make two fangs as well on her own.

"It looks cute," Alycia speaks gently. I nod, chuckling over so slightly.

"Yeah, yeah it does," I respond, picking up the syrup and pouring some over my waffle before holding it towards Alycia. She takes it from me and pours some over her waffles. "I hope the coffee's okay."

"Let's test it-" Alycia sets the syrup down and reaches for the coffee. She picks it up and sets the glass to her lips. Gently she takes a drink and pulls it away making a disgusted face. She looks towards me and instantly bursts into laughter. "It's good! It's good!"

I tear my eyes away, closing my eyes feeling a sigh of relief wash over me. "You scared me a minute there," I respond, looking down to my plate.

"I had to do a little acting." I could feel Alycia's smile as she spoke and I shook my head, glancing to her. Our eyes locking almost instantly.

"We're going to play that game then?" I look back and forth between her eyes and she nods, grinning. I nod back, a small grin on my own lips. "Alright Kangaroo. This means war."

A chuckle escapes her lips. "Okay but can we eat first?"

A chuckle escapes my own lips. "Oh yeah, but I'll get you back when you least expect it." Alycia's eyes widen a bit before they soften then she nods.

"Fair enough."

"I know-" I pause a second and nod, picking up my fork. "Let's eat." Alycia nods and we tear our eyes from another, beginning to eat our food.

<<<<>>>>

"Well isn't this just a lovely sight?" I hear Ducky's voice. I tear my eyes from Alycia's, both of our heads snapping towards the doors to the longue. There Ducky, Rovvie, Lily, and Gale all walk in.