nine

"This is going to hurt a bit," Ducky says turning the faucet off then walking towards me

"This is going to hurt a bit," Ducky says turning the faucet off then walking towards me. I say nothing, letting my eyes settle on the ground in front of me until Ducky interrupts my vision, bending down in front of me. I blink repeatedly tearing my eyes away feeling her fingers pinch my chin and lift my head as she begins dabbing the wet rag against my face. I wince every now and then knowing there's going to be bruises that form but it's alright. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," I respond, my voice low as she tears the towel away and places it off to the side, grabbing tiny white strips. A low, barely audible sigh escapes my lips.

"Are you sure? You don't seem alright-"

"Ducky, I'm fine. I did what I had to," I cut the girl off feeling her place the strips on my forehead. After she does I feel her eyes on me. swiftly I look away from my lap and to her eyes, seeing concern rising across her face. "Don't give me that look D."

"I'm sorry, but that was the first time you've been put into a situation like that-" The girl pauses and I shake my head, tearing my eyes away from her. "You're closing yourself off again Y/N. You can't do that. Something like this needs to be talked about."

"There's nothing to talk about though!" I raise my voice a bit and stand up. Ducky stands too backing up. I shake my head and walk past her. "What's done is done. I did what I had to, to protect Alycia. That's it."

"Y/N-"

"Ducky, I said that's it," I cut the girl off once more turning on my heels and locking our eyes. Her eyes sadden, but she slowly nods dropping her head. I tear my eyes from her and turn back around beginning to slip my shirt off.

"I'm going to go check on everyone..." Ducky's voice trails off and I just nod, balling my shirt up and tossing it to the side. I hear Ducky walk out the room, leaving me alone. A deep, heavy sigh escapes from my lips seconds later as I grab a hold of the sink and grip it tightly. I drop my head and squeeze my eyes together tightly, the image of the guy's eyes pop back into my head with the sound of Alycia screaming and me pulling the trigger ringing back through my head. All the events unfolding once again.

"Y/N?" I hear a voice followed by a couple knocks at the door. Swiftly I pick up my head, opening my eyes and turning around to be met with Alycia's green eyes.

"Alycia-" I breathe out, tearing my eyes from her and looking to my right finding a different shirt Ducky left me. I quickly reach over and grab it, slipping it on. "You okay?"

"I'm pretty sure I should be asking you that," Alycia responds walking into the room a bit. I pull the shirt down and tilt my head, chuckling slightly while my head shakes.

"I'm fine. But seriously, are you okay?" My eyes shift back and forth between the Australian's green eyes as she slowly nods her head from side to side. I nod back and look away from her, walking towards the bench I was sitting on. I walk to it and turn, slowly taking a seat before seeing Alycia come my way and sit down beside me.