ten

I place my palms over my eyes and rub them harshly

I place my palms over my eyes and rub them harshly. I clench my jaw and shake my head trying to rid of the thoughts of pulling the trigger. I've pulled the trigger before but on a person. Never. It's different, too different. A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I tear my hands away and push myself up off of my bed swiftly going to the desk and swiping everything off of it. A loud crashing echoes throughout the small room as I back up shaking my head from side to side.

"I had to do it," I whisper, closing my eyes. "I had to protect her. I had to protect her." I open my eyes and turn around swiftly, knocking off everything on top of the dresser. Another loud crash echoing through the room.

"Y/N, you need to stop," a voice in my head whispers and I shake my head, feeling my heart quicken, my mind spinning.

"I didn't want to kill him. I didn't have a choice," I say in response closing my eyes.

"Y/N, you're going to hurt yourself. Please stop," the voice spoke again and I placed my hands over my ears, squeezing my eyes together tightly. But I could still hear the voice. Tears fill my eyes and I swiftly drop my hands from my ears going back to the dresser getting ready to knock it down when I hear the gun shot and Alycia's scream escape once again through my head. My eyes shut and I drop to my knees.

"I had to protect her..." my voice trails before I feel hands grab a hold of mine.

"Y/N... Y/N hey," Alycia's voice speaks up, gently. My breathes were heavy and uneven. My brain was scattered and aching while my whole body shook. "Hey, hey you're okay."

"I didn't mean to kill him..." I whisper keeping my eyes squeezed together tightly.

"I know, I know. But hey you got to breathe okay. Breathe with me Y/N," Alycia speaks, her voice the softest I've ever heard it. "Come on. It's just me and you Y/N. You're okay. I'm okay. You did what you had to, to protect both of us." Her words fill my head as she speaks gently. Slowly I begin opening my eyes and shake my head, going to stand when I hear that voice in my head.

"Let her help you," the voice was gentle and familiar. A voice I haven't heard for several months. Tears slip through my eyes and slowly slide down my cheeks as my eyes open fully and they meet concerned, soft green eyes. Alycia's eyes look back and forth between my eyes before she reaches her hands up and cups my face.

"Hey," Alycia gives me a very small smile looking back and forth between my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I whisper looking back and forth between her eyes. Alycia shakes her head from side to side.

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" Alycia questions.

"That you're seeing me break down like this," I respond back, my voice low.

"You don't have to be sorry. That's not something to be sorry for... Never be sorry for breaking down," Alycia whispers, her eyes remaining on mine. I nod my head up and down slowly feeling her thumbs rub back and forth against my cheeks. My eyes shift back and forth between the girl's green ones.