twenty-five

Talk fills the room among everyone

Talk fills the room among everyone. Discussion and arguments fly from left and right, yet I stay with my arms crossed over my chest, leaning up against the wall, facing everyone. My eyes were glued to the ground, trying to wrap my head around this. Trying to come up with a reasonable explanation of what was truly going on, but I couldn't. None of it made sense. Daisy was dead. Gale made sure of that. Someone must have known about Daisy and I's code name. They knew it would affect me. So that, all of this leads me to believe this is all on me. All my fault.

"Y/N?" Someone shouts. The whole room is quiet and I pick up my head finding everyone's eyes on me. I clench my jaw and let my eyes slowly linger onto everyone.

"Kid, what's going here?" Rovvie asks and I shake my head, glancing at him before looking back down at the floor.

"I don't know..." I let my voice trail hearing a loud sigh escape from somebody. I just didn't know who. There's an eerie silence that fills the room though as I let my mind wonder some more. "There's no way Daisy's alive... She wouldn't do this."

"Unless she is alive," Cherry says. I pick my head up and lock my eyes with her's as she shrugs. "I mean think about it-"

"Cherry, shut up," Jax says shaking his head. Cherry rolls her eyes at the boy before looking back at me.

"No because did no one else find it odd that we never saw the body? Yes there was a funeral but it was closed casket. We never actually seen if it was Daisy or not," Cherry explains, my eyes dropping from her's, remaining silent.

"Cherry, it's not possible," Ducky gently says.

"Cherry's right though. We never saw the body," Billy said. "We were all there. The casket stayed closed at the church and at the graveyard. Not once did we see anyone inside there."

"You guys sound insane," Tessa speaks. "The only reason we didn't see the... We didn't see anything because that's how Daisy's family wanted it, right Lily?" I keep my eyes on the ground feeling a pair of eyes on me as small silence takes over. I waited patiently for Lily to speak, but it felt like forever so I gently glanced up to see the young girl shaking her head from side to side. I close my eyes and bite my lip, dropping my head.

"I didn't understand why it was closed casket, neither did my parents," Lily says, her voice low and on the verge of tears.

"Guys seriously?" Ducky speaks, her voice echoing through the room. "Isn't it obvious? It was closed casket due to the fact of Daisy's injuries. They were too critical and why would you want to see that? She was beaten, shot and drowned. God only knows what happened to that poor girl."

"Maybe, but I'm telling you. No one saw the body. And if Y/N's saying Marley Rose was her and Daisy's code name, Daisy has to be alive," Cherry said causing me to shake my head pushing myself away from the wall. The room goes silent but I continue to shake my head and head towards the exit. All eyes were on me, but my eyes were glued to the ground as I walked as fast as I could. Within moments I was out the door and heading down the halls till I made it to what use to be Daisy's room.