Chapter 37.

"Sadie....I needed to see you."

I pushed him out into the empty hall and stood against the wall, shutting the door behind us.

"Paul, what the heck are you doing here?? How did you know where I was!?" I closed my robe even more as the bright lights peered through the see through fabric.

"You weren't home. I went over to see ye and....I guess I missed your company. I went to the club you work at and I learned from the owner that you and your sister flew off to Miami. Why didn't you tell me??"

I sighed and scratched the back of my head. "I just had to get away from the world. From the drama and the gloomy weather....from you."

He stayed silent and turned on his heel, walking away. I bit my lip and chased after him, grabbing his arm.

"Paul...wait. I..I'm glad you're here. To be honest....I guess I wanted to just get away from Richard. After what he told me I knew being in that place again was going to eat me up inside. I didn't want to destroy myself."

He nodded. "I'm sorry I just showed out of the blue. I'm sorry about what Richard said. He's just...."

"Don't defend him Paul. I know he's your friend and all but....aren't we friends too?"

He stroked the side of my face and gave me a small smile. "We are. Look I should go now and catch a flight before..."

"Are you crazy?? You just got here you can't leave now."

"I don't want to ruin your fun."

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "That's impossible. Come on."

I pulled him into our room and shut the door. Emily still sleeping with Martha.

"You can take the sofa for now. If you don't mind."

"Thanks. Are ye sure, I can get my own room..."

"Don't be silly. I'll just get you some blankets. God knows we have plenty to spare." I giggled. He sat on the sofa cushions and watched me turn on a dim lamp, coming back with sheets, a quilt and three pillows. He chuckled.

"This place really outshines everywhere else yeah?"

"We wanted to go big with this trip. I've never been to Miami before." I shrugged.

"It's a lovely warm paradise. It's been quite some time though." He said, taking his shoes off, followed by his coat. I kissed his cheek, making him blush.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"For being a sweetheart. G'night Paul."

"Night Sadie. Night little one." He rested a hand on my belly and gave a small smile. I moved my fingers over his slowly before standing up and turning off the lamp. Emily mumbling and turning on her side. I yawned and laid down, wrapping my arms around her waist and cuddling against her. I felt her hand move on mine, giving a small squeeze.

..

"G'morning sunshine."

My eyes opened to see a cheery Emily, fresh out of the shower. A towel around her body. I groaned and turned away, cuddling with Martha.

"What time is it?"

"Ten fifteen. How was your sleep?" She giggled.

"Still not over." I mumbled.

"Come on sis! Beach day! Ocean, tans, swimming!" She shook me. I turned on my back and looked at her.

"Where's Paul??"