Chapter 55.

"Sadie? Are you awake?"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes to see a blurry Emily. Sitting up quickly, I pushed away the glass of water she was offering me and looked around for David. Sure enough, he was sitting beside me, a worried look across his face.

"You two....I can't even look at you two." I began to cry. "I can't escape this! Even the two people who I thought I could trust I....I can't even!" I shook my head. "Leave me alone."

"Sadie please I can explain." Emily tried grabbing my hand. I pulled away.

"Get out."

"Sadie." She sounded hurt. Her eyes telling me she was genuinly sorry. But I didn't care. I was angry and hurt. She pouted and grabbed her coat. "I didn't know Sadie. Please believe me."

I looked up at her and wiped my eyes. Wanting to hate her was something I could never do. Her innocent eyes just wanting some reassurance I wasn't going to hate her for this.

"Did you know David?" I asked.

He looked at me and then at Emily. "Of course not. It was a one night thing that happened at a gig. I didn't ask for her name or anything."

"We were drunk Sadie. No feelings or anything like that. Just sex."

I sighed. "Yeah. Just sex. That makes me feel a lot better."

"Maybe I should go. I mean, I've only been here an hour and already I've managed to fuck things up." David stood up and was about to pass me until I grabbed the end of his shirt, pulling him back.

"No. Please stay."

He looked down at me and kneeled so we were face to face. "I'm sorry." He whispered. I leaned in and kissed his cheek, then slapped him. He rubbed my cheek. "I guess I deserved that."

He stood up and was soon met with another slap from Emily. "For getting me pregnant and not calling me!"

"This is just great. Two sisters who's first child are due to a one night stand. Mom would be proud." I shook my head. "Leave him alone Emily. It's just as much your fault as it is his. If I can deal with having Paul's baby and now John's, I think you can accept this."

"J...John?? You're pregnant!?" She raised her eyebrows. I stood up and lifted my shirt. My small baby bump showing. "Wait a minute! The trip to L.A!?"

"I knew if I would've told you, you'd yell at me."

"Wait all of this is true!?" David raised his eyebrows.

"I told you." I yawned.

Anita ran into the room just as there was a knock.

"I'll get it!" She yelled, running to the door.

"Anita don't go alone! Em go with her." I sighed. She followed Ani but stopped in her tracks when she saw who was behind the door.

"Daddy! You're back!"

I stood up and felt all the blood in my body just drain. My stomach turning. My head spinning. His eyes meeting mine. Anita jumping up and down in joy. Martha running into the room with her pups. Emily standing beside David, shaking her head. I walked over slowly.

"Paul...what are you doing here?" I asked.

"For my little girl. For you."

"W..what? How??" I walked over to him.

"I did it. I filed for divorce. We can finally be together Sadie. That is, if you'll have me." He gave a small smile. Everyone staring at me, waiting for my answer.
..........