Chapter 57.

Three Years Later
May 3, 1976

I giggled as Paul picked up Ani in his arms, kissing her cheek backstage. She giggled and hugged him tight as the people out in the crowd cheered. Little Karen in my arms, napping as Paul kissed the top of her head.

He just finished on stage, sweating and tired. Our lips met, giving one another a long kiss. I giggled as we pulled back.

"You were great up there babe." I said, wiping the lipstick off his lips.

"Thanks love. What d'you say Ani? Was daddy great or what?" Paul asked. She held his hand.

"You were perfect daddy!"

He laughed and set his guitar down. I set Karen on the small sofa and let her nap.
..

It was the beginning of Paul's U.S tour. Being in Europe for quite some time has been pretty tiring for the girls. We spent a week off now and then. But other than that, it's been work work work. But it was fun I had to admit. Meeting people, other musicians, being a part of Paul's permanent life was more than I could ever expect. He was true to his word. He was there for his girls. For me. A family.

John has yet to meet his little girl. I know he plans on it. One day he will. But we both accepted the fact that it won't be rushed. When the right time comes along, it'll happen. I've been busy becoming missus McCartney. It's as exciting as it sounds. Also tiring.

He moved us back to England. London to be exact. But we also managed to buy a few homes in America. Just places we can visit and stay in during the American tour. When Karen was born, that was it. It made us all connected again. We decided to hold on having another child. Anita was interested in the music scene. Paul spent time during our breaks to show her a few things. When he couldn't, I did. Music was something the girls are just going to accept.

Paul's other two girls came along now and then. Linda was in the band for christs sake. She was extremely nice and we all got along quite well. Taking care of the girls and being able to feel welcomed was something I was quite happy with. The world seemed to accept the fact Paul and I were more than just a couple. We were indeed a family.
..
"Daddy I'm tired." Ani said, snuggling in his arms.

"Yeah? I think we all could use some rest." Paul sighed.

"You don't want to go out with the band?" I asked, setting his guitar away in its case. He shook his head.

"No. Maybe tomorrow." He yawned. "I need sone rest as well. The girls deserve a night off. Just us."

I smiled and walked over, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I love you. So much. You know I was thinking we can all take one big nap. Then in the morning, we can have some pancakes!"

Anita smiled. "Yes! Can we daddy?? Please???"

Paul pretended to think for awhile. She wiggled around, waiting for an answer.

"I think we can work something out." He teased. I giggled as she held his hand.

"Oh um....you got a call. He wants you to call back." I handed him a small yellow note. He looked at it.

"Richard. Did you two talk?"

I shook my head. "Your assistant got it. She just let me know he wanted to see us. You know...spend some time and catch up."

He nodded. "Will you be alright with that?"

I bit my lip. "I don't know."

"He's my friend Sadie. I love him. Even though things ended between you two the way they did, I'm sure he just wants to make ammends. Do this...for me."

I looked into his eyes. "Okay. For you. Just promise to be near me alright?"

"The entire time." He said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and picked up Karen from the sofa. She woke up and smiled to see her daddy.
...

We were staying in one of our homes in Texas. Paul managed to get us there safely away from media and interviewers. The girls were exhausted, as was I as we entered the large house.

"Let's put the girls in our room. You and I have a little celebrating to do." Paul smirked, grabbing the champagne off the counter. "You, me, bath."

I turned to him. "So romantic McCartney."

"Said missus McCartney." He winked. I giggled and pecked his lips.

"I'll meet you there in ten. Let me just tuck the girls in." I whispered. He nodded and kissed the top of their sleepy heads.

"G'night my angels."

They mumbled sleepily and followed me to the bedroom. I opened the window to let some cool air inside.

"Alright you two. Take your shoes off." I helped them. Anita helped Karen take her hair out of a ponytail and pulled back the blankets.

I kissed the two and tucked them in. "Sleep tight babies. Mommy loves you."

"Love you too mommy." Ani said, hugging an already sleeping Karen. I giggled and left the room and into the bathroom. Paul stood by the counter, handing me a glass of champagne.

"The two tuckered out?"

"Very." I said taking a long drink, finishing it in one gulp. Paul laughed and downed all of his. I noticed the bath full of warm water and soapy bubbles on top.

"Ready McCartney?"

"Ready as ever." He cupped my face into his hands and kissed me. I unbuttoned his jeans, slowly unzipping and let them drop to the floor. His hands eagerly pulling down my skirt and unbuttoning my blouse. We undressed each other and soon found ourselves in the warm water. He was laying back as I rested my body on top of his. I giggled, dabbing some white bubbles on his nose.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." He stroked my wet hair, looking into my eyes.

We just stared at one another. Appreciating our moment.

"We've come a long way Sadie. Was it worth it?' He asked.

I smiled and kissed his chest. "Being here with you is the best feeling in the world. I'd have it no other way."

He blushed and kissed me. "I'll never leave you. I promise." He whispered against my lips.
...
After our warm bath, we got in bed with the girls. They were sleeping soundly until they felt us. Anita snuggled in my arms. Karen in Paul's. We just looked at each other and smiled.

Our hands finding each other's, holding tight until we let ourself fall as well. A perfect family too good to be true.

After everything. All because of that evening in San Francisco. That morning waking up to find his number on the nightstand. Who would've known that would be it. My life would change forever. All because of what happened the night before.
..........
The End....?