Chapter 3.

I remember the taste of alcohol on his lips as we kissed. His hands between my legs as I arched my back. My moans echoeing throughout the room as he pleased me.

He had me right where he wanted. Then he positioned himself, and he was in.

..

I woke up startled by my dream. The alarm clock ringing as Martha laid beside me.

8:30 am

I always started my day early. I got up, showered, brushed teeth, watched a little news while drinking coffee. Ate breakfast and went about what I had planned for the day. Usually I'd go visit my mom. But lately she's been bugging me about wanting to know how all this pregnancy stuff happened. I knew she meant well. I just couldn't be bothered with questions when I had some of my own.

Today was different. I didn't have a clue what I would even say or how any of this was going to unfold. He left his number on the nightstand with his name underlined. Why would he do that? Does he do this with all his one night stands? Or is it just in case I wanted to have another crazy sex romp with him in a hotel room?

I read in the paper they were on break. Maybe now would be the best time to unleash all this on him and then we can get back to our own lives.

I reached for the phone and dialed slowly, wishing someone would come knocking, a call would interrupt, or the building went up in flames. Nothing. The ringing on the other end was horrifying. My stomach turned in knots. Martha napping on the carpet as I waited. I heard the line pick up and a familiar voice answer.

"Hello? McCartney residence." I heard him chuckle. I stayed frozen. "Hello?" He asked again.

"Um...hi. It's...me." I said dumbly.

"And who exactly is me?" He asked.

I shut my eyes and went on. "Uh...Candlestick park. After the concert. Hotel room...."

"O..ohh." He whispered. I heard shuffling and then he spoke. "You saw my number."

"Yeah. About that..."

"I shouldn't have left it. It was completely innopropriate of me. I left it because...you were so beautiful I..."

I blushed a little but put this aside. "I'm pregnant."

It was dead. No words. Not even a breath. I looked at the clock and back at Martha.

"Hello?" I asked.

"And?" He asked. I sighed.

"And....I'm pregnant because of what happened in San Francisco."

"What do you want me to do about it?" He said harshly. I swallowed and bit my lip.

"I just wanted you to know." I said quietly.

"This is....a joke innit?"

"What? No I...."

And just like that, the line was dead. I sat in silence, putting the phone down and shaking my head.

"Asshole." I said through my teeth.

Martha picked her head up and watched me tear his number up into pieces and toss it on the ground.

"What?" I asked her. She put her head back down and whimpered.

..

"What did he say??" Emily asked as we walked in the park. It was a cloudy, wet day as I took Martha for a walk.

"Nothing. Just...." I trailed off and began crying. Em grabbed my hand and led me to a soft, grassy area.

"Sadie what...what did he do!?" She asked angrily. I sniffled.