Chapter 56.

I walked out the front door, grabbing Paul's hand, shutting the door behind us.

"Paul....you can't do this."

"Yes I can. And I did. I miss you Sadie. All this time I realized that I need you. It's always been you."

He looked into my eyes as he spoke. I knew he meant it. But letting him in after everything... Before I could speak he looked down at my stomach.

"Sadie you're....?"

I nodded and rested a hand on my small baby bump. "Three months. To be exact."

"Who's the father?" He asked sounding a bit sad. I bit my lip and looked down.

"I don't know if telling you is a good idea."

"Please."

I looked into his eyes and sniffled. "John."

He raised his eyebrows and laughed. "Come on Sadie stop messing."

I just looked away, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

"John. John John. My John. Lennon John???" He asked.

"That would be the correct John." I sighed.

"Sadie how..."

"After you left. I bumped into him while I was taking a walk. We had a chat. I needed to get away. Go back home. Live life on my own away from the drama. Away from memories of us. So we took a trip to L.A and we shared a room. I guess we've always been attracted to each other....it just happened."

"Does he know?"

I looked at him and gave a small smile. "He'll know soon."

He nodded. "This doesn't change anything Sadie. I still want to...."

I approached him slowly and grabbed his hand, resting it on my stomach. "You still love me."

"I do." He whispered. I smiled and leaned up, slowly pressing my lips against his. Before he could lean in anymore, I pulled away slowly.

"I'm tired of pretending. Of kidding myself from not wanting to be with you. I love you Paul. It's always been you."

He leaned in and kissed me harder. Our lips crushing one anothers until we couldn't breathe. He pulled away slowly and smiled.

"I'm going to take care of you. I'm going to love you like no other and be there for Anita. She deserves a father. A man who will take care of her."

I blushed and pecked his lips. "You're a sweetheart Paul."

He kissed the top of my head and hugged me. I felt warm in his embrace. When we pulled away, I took a breath and looked at the front door. His gaze followed mine.

"What's wrong?"

I looked at him. "In there awaits more drama."

"What do you mean?"

I laughed and shook my head. "I just found out the man I loved for years, the man I used to be engaged to....knocked up my little sister."

"What??" He laughed. I joined in and held his hand.

"It seems all us girls are dealing with the aftermath of free love. I'm pregnant, Emily's pregnant, Martha had puppies..."

"Martha had puppies!?" He asked excitedly. I giggled and led him to the front door.

"Come on, I think she can use a visitor."
....

"Daddy are you here to stay??" Ani asked enthusiastically as we made our way to the laundry room. She held his hand, holding her dolly in the other. Emily just raised her eyebrows as we passed. I gave her a look and pointed for her and David to wait in the living room. I sure as hell wasn't through with this situation yet.

"Come 'ere." Paul picked up Anita in his arms and kissed her cheek. She giggled and gave him a kiss in return.

"Mommy said you went away."

"I did love. But I'm back now. And here to stay." He smiled. She hugged him tight.

"Good." She replied. I smiled and watched as Martha lifted her head off the pillow when she saw Paul walk into the room. The puppies napping beside her.

"Martha you're a mummy now." He laughed. She whined and licked his cheek when he got closer. Anita sitting on the floor and kissed the puppies on the head.

"She just had them not too long ago. Napping and resting is all our Martha has been doing. She gets up now and then but, she has quite a load to nurse." I laughed.

"Yeah I bet." He chuckled. "Martha my dear though I spend my days in conversation
Please
Remember me Martha my love
Don't forget me Martha my dear" he sang to her softly. He looked up at me as I sat beside him.

"Hold your head up you silly girl look what you've done
When you find yourself in the thick of it
Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you
Silly girl" I finished, petting her head. She shut her eyes and napped as Paul and I sat side my side, singing to her. Anita sitting between us, cuddling next to her daddy.
......

A/N: Through the magic of wifi, I am back. For now :)