A new, not so bad place (Marcy x Reader)

I finally found motivation!!! Who knew that it would be my epic friend's epic music taste that would help me write.

———————————————————

Marcy's P.O.V

Moving day. The day I've been dreading since Anne's birthday. Anne's birthday was one of the worst days of my life. It was meant to be all fun and games, all of us go to Anne's house and have a small party. But then my parents had to give me the bad news. What a great birthday present it's was for Anne when I showed up at her house crying.

But there's no point trying to avoid it, I'm moving away. And today was the day. Anne and Sasha had come over to my house as we were packing the moving van to help us and say final goodbyes before we left.

Of course we're still gonna keep in touch but it's never gonna be the same again. We're moving states away. No more sleepovers, no more days at the mall, no more hugs when we all arrive at school. How the hell am I gonna survive this, new home, new school, new people. I can never talk to people by myself, Anne was always the middle man. And what about bullies, Sasha always had my back but now she's gonna be miles away.

I sigh and start to play my music, now all I can do is wait and hope everything works out.

———————————————————

First day of a new school, Jesus Christ I'm terrified.

Anne and Sasha told me not to worry about it, that I'd be fine. I really wish that I could believe them. Apparently there's meant to be some student showing me around so that's good I guess. I'm guaranteeing you that they're only doing it for extra credit though, Sasha did it one time. I let out an overly dramatic sigh and walk into the schools office area.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
Alright today's the day that the new student is arriving. Why my teacher chose me -the one who wanted to do this the least out of everyone in the class- to show the new kid around I have no idea. Definitely not cause I slacked off in one of my classes and now need the extra credit, pfft, definitely not that. I shake off a little, new person, potential new friend. Just pllleeeeeeaaaaaasssse don't be one of those bitchy girls or overly straight boys.

I'm currently just sitting in one of the important-ish teacher's offices waiting for the new kid. I jump at the sound of the door opening and turn to greet the sound. I look and see a girl, my year, with short black hair and whose face was mostly hidden behind her jacket.

'Ah miss Wu, welcome. Come take a seat' the teacher greets.

The girl complied and took the seat next to me. For some reason I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, she was cute -WAIT WHAT?! CUTE!? (Y/N) SNAP OUT OF IT!? NO GAY PANICKING ON THE JOB-.

'Now miss Wu, this is miss (L/N). She'll be showing you around for the week or until you get more comfortable with the school' he explains. 'You'll both have first period free for a short tour but then you'll be expected to attend classes. That's all, dismissed'

The teacher dismissed us and I led the new girl out of the offices and into the main school area.

'Alright sooooo I'm (Y/N) and you are?' I ask the seemingly extremely shy girl.

'I-I'm Marcy' she mumbles, barely loud enough for me to hear.

'Well Marcy it's a pleasure to meet you, if you'll follow me I'll show you the more important parts of the school, like the cafeteria, library, and the best spots to sit at break time' I smile at her as I start to lead her down the hallway.

———————————————————

Marcy P.O.V
It's now been over a week of being at the new school. And for the most part it's not all that different to how school was back at St.James. Classes, little bits of homework, eating in the corner of the cafeteria and avoiding everyone. Well... almost everyone. (Y/N) has been a major help, she's super nice and knows the school like the back of her hand which makes her the the perfect guide. She kinda reminds be of both Anne and Sasha in a few ways. She only had to stick with my for my first week but she's still here, showing me some random meme on her phone as I eat my lunch. She's super smart too and not to mention she's so pretty.... 'WAIT PRETTY!? WHERE'D THAT COME FROM!?' I feel my cheeks physically heat up at my thoughts. It's not like I like her, she's just a likeable person, pfft, like her, definitely not that. Well maybe.... 'MARCY C'MON ARE YOU EVEN HEARING YOURSELF!'