Kisses & Lies-Kinves & Truths 

Averys point of view

It was the night before the party, and I was way to lucid to fall asleep. I stayed in bed watching the rain drops hit my windows. Closing off my mind to any available thoughts.

Moments before I had gotten a phone call from the one person I wish death on. The one person that has taunted me since childhood. This man had no sanity or humanity within him, for him to do what he did for my family.

He was the whole reason for me taking over my fathers place in our family mafia trade. I was never set up for this life but I took it because of this very man.

I would love to know how he got my number. But he called just to traumatize me once again flooding my mind with what he had done. He called just to let me know he was in Vegas.

After some time I gave up on focusing on the rain drops and got out of bed. I was conflicted on what to do to help me go to sleep, as I didn't want to go to the party tired. Even though I'm pretty sure what happens will give me strength to stay up.

Eventually I came up with the idea to call Chloe, to help fall asleep over then phone but when I looked up contacts on my phone a unfamiliar name came up. "𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚢". A smile spread across my face as I came to the conclusion that it was Nicholas from earlier at Fremont East, downtown Las Vegas.

I sat there for about 3 minutes contemplating weather or not to text him, and eventually I did. When I texted him he replied within seconds, as if he knew I would text him any moment.

We spent hours texting back and forth and eventually we FaceTimed. He took my mind off things, in the best way possible. He kept dropping compliments and flirty comments and I did the same, with a pit at the bottom of my stomach.

I didn't know Klaus and he didn't know me. But there's something about him that makes me go crazy as if him he 𝓸𝔀𝓷𝓮𝓭 me. After talking to Nicholas we became so close I took him as my best friend... with lots of tension.  We stayed talking until 6 in the morning, remembering about the party I asked if he would be there and he said he would. Im not sure what feeling it gave me but it gave me something.
We hung up and said we would meet at the party, and to be honest I couldn't wait to see him.

20 minutes before the party <3

When I got to Shanas house for the party about 20 minutes before Willow actually arrived. Sitting on the front porch was three guys. Nicholas, Luca, and Harvey. As soon as I got to the porch Nicholas came towards me, with a great smile on his face. He looked me up and down with an influenced gaze before stating,

𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘴- You look beautiful as always Avery

𝘈𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺- Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself.