Before My Eyes

"Look lets make this short and sweet

"Look lets make this short and sweet." He said and immediately two red dots showed up one on my chest and one on Klaus's head. Though my heart was beating quickly I stayed calm and subtle. I let go of Klaus's hands and faced Creed. We all were in a mess because everyone that has a gun on them were standing next to me. The last thing I want is for someone to pull out a gun and the snipers shoot blind.

"What do you want?" He made his way slowly to me walking with his hands behind his back. "You have nothing I want...besides your life that is." I heard Jayden in my head and all around, 'And may he kill you on your best day'. I stood up straight and a smirk formed on my lips. "What's so funny?"

I could hear the genuine confusion in his tone of voice. "I just think it's funny how you walk in here looking just like your father. You think just like him as well... That's what you want me to say right? Well no, at least Jayden was his own person. He knew what he wanted and got it how he wanted it. But you, you follow. You-"

"Enough." He cut me off and Klaus grabbed my arm pulling me back. The beam that was on me was gone and was now on Klaus. As Creed was focused on me and was close enough, Harvey was able to move around and try to walk around to get behind him. He was to far for me to say anything so I let him go. I kept eye contact Creed so he wouldn't look behind him.

"You know what they say, Avery... Killing you would be the easy way out. But, what's your name...Klaus right." Klaus pulled out his gun and by that time Harvey had a gun to Creeds head. "Short and sweet." Klaus repeated and Creed clapped his hands once. Next thing I knew several shots went off and screams flooded my ears.

~

"Talk to me Avery." I heard Klaus's voice shake. I was in his arms covered in blood, and quickly I noticed it was mine and breathing was getting harder and harder by the second. "Don't die on me." Klaus pulled me onto his lap and held on to me as people surrounded me but I could on focus on him. The love of my life. I didn't want to leave him but my arm and chest was in such pain.

"Those my shots why the fuck would you jump in front of them?" I shut my eyes but smiled as I slowly brought my hand to touch his face. "Because I keep my word, 'I'd die for you... Klaus O'Connor." He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear as tears dropped down my cheek and I started to cough up blood. "I'm begging you Avery please don't, don't leave me not now."

"You are beg... begging me Klaus O'Connor." "You really are choosing right now to play around?" I tried laughing but it just hurt. I opened my eyes and saw my whole world in his eyes, as he cried my world rained.

"God Avery, I cant do this without you." He told me bringing me closer. "Yes you can." I told him the taste of blood ruining my mouth. "I can't." "I can't keep fighting.." I closed my eyes and this time I couldn't open it again. "Angel please." he begged.

"I love you Klaus, with all I am." "I love you so much more, Angel." he told me and kissed my lips. I snuggled myself into his lap, everyone screaming and touching me, but I felt so fucking cold. I've been shot so many times and each time I always thought it was my time and I never fucking cared, because I never had a reason to.

But this time It hurt so bad. My heart it broke it so my small pieces all because of him. He had all of me and the fact that I'm leaving him hurts. The thought that I saved him with my life was a comfort to nobody but myself. As a puddle of my blood rounded the both of us, my head felt light. My jaw clenched, and I had no power and my body went numb.

Klaus point of view

And with that I felt her take her last breath. Her heart stop beating, Her body stopped trembling, and she was gone. The love of my life just died in my arms, from bullets that were meant for me. I sat in the sand and stared at my wife's lifeless body. Red and blue lights surrounded us and i felt my heart drop.

Officers came running to the back of the house to find us along with paramedics. The paramedics took her from me and placed her on a stretcher. I held onto her cold hand and didn't let go.

A man never knows pain until they fall in love.