His Best Friend

Hello gorgeous

Averys Point of View

It was the first time In a while I had woken up to an empty bed, besides Maddy at the end of the bed. It seems even Aurora got up early. My head was hurting but not as bad as I had expected. My hand was still throbbing in pain. When I looked back at it, all the events from yesterday morning to last night came flooding back, but I tried to ignore it.

Aurora was cooking, clearly by the amazing smell of euphoria that filled the air. I got up and wen to the bathroom to brush my teeth and rewrap my hand in bandages. My eyes were all red and puffy from all the tears I weeped. It took everything in me not to start crying again.

I opened the drawer under the sink and grabbed the only thing to calm me down for now and take away the raging pain in my hand. Phencyclidine.

As I made my way down the stairs the door bell rang. "I got it." As I made my way to the front door. "Delivery for Avery Lovell." "That's me." The short woman in front of me handed me a normal sized bouquet of dark red roses. By the time I looked up to ask who it was from she was already headed back to her car.

I closed the door and headed to the kitchen where Aurora was. "I told you it was just a miscommunication last night." She had a genuine smile. But I knew it wasn't from Klaus like she wanted it to be. His Roses were always blue.

I picked the card and removed the envelope to a black card with gold words hand written. 'I still think about you.~ Carter.' "It's not from Klaus." Now the both of us have a frown. I threw the entire thing away out of anger, still wishing it was from Klaus, and only him.

"It was from Nicholas. You'd think he'd realize I'm in love with his best friend by now." All that could go through my head was what Klaus would say if he knew about this. How his 'best friend' is sending his girl flowers.

I ignored it and sat at the table with Aurora to eat. "Have you heard from him?" She asked innocently. "No, not a word." I wanted to reach out but I was scared I wanted him to have his space I did, but I miss him. Kyrie has only met me twice and I'm so fucking worried for him right now.

The pressure on my chest was so heavy it physically hurt. The both of us was picking at the food. I know I was putting my problems on her and I didn't want that. And I mostly didn't want it on the baby. So I did my best to cheer up the mood.

I moved closer to her chair and turned her to face me. I lightly placed my head in her stomach and right away I felt movement. We laughed and played around for a while. I was so happy for her maybe even happier than her. I was ready to ask her if she had a name but the door rang again.

I got up to open the door and Aurora followed. My heart smiled when I opened the door. Klaus was standing infront of me and stared at me almost trying to gather his words before saying anything. He was still in the same clothes from last night, he probably came from the hospital.

I wanted to run into his arms but I kept my distance. Aurora went back up to my room after saying hi to him but she gave us our space. I let him in and we sat across from each other in the living room.

"If you don't think we're right for each other, tell me now cause I want you, Avery. Or if you just don't want this. I listened to you last night, I did-" I cut him off before he finished.

I got up and sat in his lap, and cupped his face within my hands trying to read him through his eyes. The pain was only hurting me. I hesitated to kiss him but he wanted it just as bad. He grabbed a fist full of my hair and pulled me into a deep kiss. Goosebumps shifted all over me when his arm wrapped around my waist.

"I want you. I need us." I reassured him placing my forehead with his and closed my eyes taking in the moment. Maybe this live thing isn't so bad. I just needed to try and let go. I know he won't do anything to hurt me, so if I'm going to love, I'm going to love him.

I opened my eyes to find him watching me. He made a deep eye contact. Chemistry was flooding around us and I loved it. "Would you still say yes?"

There was a long pause between us while I pulled away slowly. Both his hands were on my hips tightly, sure to bruise, holding me in place. My heart started to race when I noticed my chest raising and falling quickly. "Yes..." I'm not sure if I was stating or questioning.

The loud silence was broken by Auroras foot steps and the door bell. "I'm sure it's Noah. I told-" she stood silent with the door wide open. "Whos is it?" I asked getting off his lap and walking to the door.

I completely understand her reaction. "Wrong time, wrong place." She whispered before slowly moving behind me. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Fear and rage rushed through me at the sight.

 "What the fuck are you doing here?" Fear and rage rushed through me at the sight