Regret

I had found the strength to excuse ourselves from Bradley and step outside with Klaus

I had found the strength to excuse ourselves from Bradley and step outside with Klaus. He sat on the hood of his car, his arms crossed. He made sure to have his smirk whilst looking up and down. He was well aware of what he just said.

I wasn't mad or upset honestly I was just confused. We never spoke on being married and I don't even know if that's something I would ever want in life. Marriage wasn't made because of love. It was made so men could own women in the worst way possible.

I always had a bad viewing on love and I always rejected it from every direction. I've had many relationships but never anything serious on my end. It's not that I'm scared I'll get my heart broken, I just never wanted it, and I don't know if I still stand by my words or not.

I do love Klaus and would like to spend the rest of my life with him. But I need some sort of communication before we go anywhere farther.

"Why would you introduce yourself as my husband when your not?" I asked him but he wasn't even taking me seriously. "Yet." No emotion besides lust were in his eyes. "I'm not joking, Klaus." His eyes stayed on mine finally almost making me go weak at the knees. "I'm not laughing, Avery."

"You lied, about something serious and important." He rolled his eyes at me, taking everything I'm saying in an ear and out the other. "I wasn't lying, just telling the future... I mean what's so bad about what I said?" He grabbed onto my waist and pulled me closer so I'm standing in between his legs.

I tried my best to not keep eye contact so I wouldn't fold as fast. "Because, Klaus." "Because what?" I felt as his eyes scanned over my body, and said my thoughts as fast as I could. "I don't even know if  I want a marriage."

His grip on me dropped so fast before his expression changed and light push me away from him. "What?" My heart dropped at his voice and immediately regretted every word that came out of my mouth. "We never spoke about it, and I never thought that was something you would want to do with me." My voice was low as a look of regret and pain came upon his face.

"So all of this was a joke? You thought I actually would waste my time on a girl like this?" Just as I stepped closer to him he stood up and backed away just a bit. Leo came out side, he was leaving. "I'll see you tomorrow bro. Avery." He gave Klaus a hug and me as well before heading off.

I ignored everything around me officially and walked closer to Klaus until he couldn't move back anymore because of the car. I cupped his face in my  hand and tried my best to reassure him. "You know that's not what I meant. I think we should just talk about it before anything." Nothing I said seemed to help out with the deep hole I just dug myself into.

It felt like his energy separated it's self from mine. He was distant no doubt. Every relationship comes with tough conversations and this was our first one. I don't know what it's like back home for him but I just wanted everything out the table right now.

"Klaus, I can't even talk about you to my parents yet." I told him truthfully. I really couldn't, not yet. He didn't show any sign of surprise, but disappointment was shown heavily. "I'm not even surprised, you wouldn't even let me introduce myself to your mom when I picked you up from the hospital." His voice broke with pain and it only hurt me more. I wiped away a tear that was ready to fall down my hot cheeks.

"My parents want nothing to do with not only you but all the O'Connors in general." "We don't even fucking know you Avery!" He was loud no doubt every one inside heard him. "Please can we go inside the car. I'm sure everyone can hear you, Amour." But that only made him louder. "Does it look like I give a fuck about them hearing me, Avery? Your out here telling me such bullshit I never thought I'd hear from let alone you."

I tried biting my lip to stop myself from breaking down completely my heart was only shattering. "But your parents know mine, I'm not lying to you." My voice broke completely as tears rolled down my face, and water filled his eyes. "You don't think I want to lay my head on my ma's lap and rant about such an amazing man I found."

"I really don't know what you want anymore."  He moved me from in-front of him and moved to the drivers side door opening it. He would've gotten in if it wasn't for his phone that rang.

Moments went by with him on the phone. I tried gathering myself but I only felt my soul leaving me in pain. "Kyrie's in the hospital." His voice was low and he couldn't even stand to look at me. "Is he ok?" He was able to tell me that, which showed he still cared and I thanked god for that. "I don't know I'm about to find out." "I'll come with you." I didn't want him to leave even if we drove in silence I needed him next to me.

"Nope. I don't need you anywhere near me or my family right now. So please, go back inside l, and enjoy your night."  Wow, I thought to myself. I really just screwed myself over. "Just know if you had given me the chance... I would've said yes."

I walked back inside and listened to him pull off. The lights were still dim and the music was still going, with everyone enjoying their night. Maddy came running up to my feet panting. I took deep breaths and completely gathered myself. I wasn't going to ruin Auroras night because of my problems.

I took a bottle of Ciroc Vodka and met her on the dance floor. I let my mind along with the night slip away. As I drank more and danced more, I wanted to feel nothing. Ever again.

 Ever again