Part 2 : Star

Part 2

Star & Cannon @ 1am

Star's POV

When we climbed out of the vans after being rescued, Cannon climbed out in front of me and offered his hand in assistance. I took it but once I was out, he let go immediately. I had thought I felt a fluttering in my stomach from touching him, but there was a coldness as he let go. Must be my imagination. I know that people can form a hero complex for the person that rescues them and I am smarter than that. Those flutter feelings were just elation for being rescued.

As my sisters and Cannon's rescue team enter Blaze's house, I can see all my sisters are being held in a loving way by one of the guys. Even Rayne. She is playfully hitting the biggest guy and he is smiling indulgently at her. I shake my head at her. Rayne is usually too aggressive for most guys that live in the south. They always want a debutant, not an independent girl that can handle herself in most situations.

I turn to Cannon to express my gratitude for the rescue. "Thank you for saving us. Really, I cannot express my gratitude correctly for each of you. My sisters and Brother are my whole world." I told him as we walked toward the front door.

Once we were on the front porch, he surprised me in his response. "I know how you feel about family." Cannon ran his fingers over my cheekbone setting my face on fire. The burn of desire was intense. I couldn't stop myself if I had wanted to, but he has as much a choice in the kiss I want to give him as I do. I leaned in 90% of the way and held. My eyes half closed, allowing Cannon his own decision. He didn't hesitate to close the distance. The kiss we shared was intense. I was near tears with the love I felt. It was as if a defibrillator has been taken to my heart.

I could hear Blaze laughing behind me and my anger got the best of me. I ended the kiss abruptly, turned and glared at my brother, then I threw a 14 year old tantrum by huffing and stomping into his house, my chin in the air.

I could hear Cannon call after me, "Star!" But it sounded like he was amused at what just transpired. That was not ok with me. I do not openly show affection in public or even in front of my family, so the guy I am kissing better not be laughing at me.

I hear Rayne yelling and it sounded like she was fighting again. What now? I headed toward the kitchen where the sound was coming from and saw Rayne beating the shiz out of some guy that was tied up. The biggest rescuer picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, spanking her and calling her "Hot Stuff". Oh dear, they are both goners.

I felt Cannon place his hand on the small of my back as he took in all the surroundings. My brother instructed us to go put pants on, he was reminding us all we were still in our panties and that we should be socially embarrassed for it.

We all headed to put clothes on and when I looked back Breezy was wrapped around the guy carrying her like a boa constrictor. Oh Breezy, Baby girl, this experience was too much for you. I don't know how to make everything right again for her.

We have done a good job of sheltering her from our parents and their crazy lifestyle. I am glad she had the chance to grow up innocent, not to be bombarded the way we were. I wouldn't want her to ever experience a strange man groping her or kissing her against her wishes, like I had. I was still a child when that happened. It is probably why I have had a hard time forming lasting relationships with men. I just don't trust them.

When we came back into the living room the DA came and took away the three guys that were tied up in the kitchen. Rayne was sitting on the big guys lap on the couch, Breezy was still being held by the young guy in one of the side chairs, Willow and a brunette were sharing a side chair like it was a love seat, the blonde guy had Echo in his lap on the other end of the couch from Rayne, and Cannon had brought two kitchen chairs in for us.