Part 23: Losing Control

Rayne & Boston

Sunday Dec. 8th

Boston's POV

Us guys all agreed last night after the movie, while eating ice cream with the girls in the park, that no one would get up this morning making loud noises. We wanted our girls to sleep in. And I for one wanted to continue to cuddle Rayne well into the afternoon, if that were possible. We are headed home later today and I just want to hold her as long as I can.

I woke up to the sun peaking through the blinds in my eyes. I turned on my side to block out the light from Rayne's face so she could sleep longer. Laying on my side, I had the perfect view of the most exotic woman I have ever known. She is drop dead gorgeous.

No wonder her ex has been a dick when we ran into him. Even though Rayne didn't notice last night, Chad was lurking in the shadows. I saw him but didn't want him to ruin another night out with my favorite girl. I get why he is being an ass though. Who wants to lose perfection? Sure, she has a potty mouth and she is feisty, but that's just how I like them! I'm too big and physical to have a dainty girl.

As I lay here watching Rayne breath steadily in and out with heavy sleep, I remember last night.

(Flashback)
After we got back from the movie and ice cream in the park, we decided to play a game. Echo insisted it NOT be strip anything. I had to laugh at the look on her face, but one glance at Nash shut me up quickly.

Nash looked guilty and Echo was a bit standoffish. What happened there? So I suggested we play a get to know you game. Willow and Echo lit up at the idea but Rayne groaned and flopped back on the couch.

"What is that about Hot Stuff?" I asked her.

"I am not playing Never Have I Ever. And I am not a fan of 2 Truths and a Lie." Her eyes communicated with me that she really didn't want to dredge up her past. I don't blame her, mine isn't spotless either. And my brothers here know all the crap I've done. Yeah, the unsavory past is best left in the past.

"How about an ice breaker 20 questions type thing? Nothing too embarrassing and no dredging up things about the others we know they don't want shared."

"How about you go first Boston?" Willow suggested.

"Echo," I had a big grin on my face and she looked nervous, which caused her to lean into Nash's side for comfort. You're welcome my brother, you're welcome. "Do you know why your parents named you Echo?"

All the girls laughed at this and Echo nodded, "yeah, that's easy. Our parents are "one with the universe", she used air quotes, "just after each of us were born our parents stepped outside and the first thing they saw or felt was how we got our name. There was a bonfire blazing in the distance with Blaze, it was a starry night with Star, it was raining with Rayne, the big willow tree was swaying about with Willow, for me there wasn't anything new going on and my mom screamed out in frustration and her voice echoed back at her so Echo, and with Breezy it was a windy day."

We were all smiling and I'm sure thinking the same thing, their parents really were tree huggers. One with nature and all that shit! I nodded at her and proceeded, "Your turn Echo."

Echo thought for just a moment, then smiled and her face lit up, "Ryder, what is your favorite season? And why?"

"I like Spring. Couple of reasons, first, I was born in the spring and second, everything is coming to life." Ryder answered easily.

Echo perked up, "when are all your birthday's?"

Ryder continued, "mine is April 27th, Boston's is June 24th, and Nash's is November 15th."