Part 4 : Breezy

Part 4

Breezy & Thayne. Monday Dec. 2nd @ 8am

Breezy's POV

At 6:30 this morning Tenley tried to quietly leave the house without disturbing any of us. Then at 7:30, Star was talking quietly with someone in the kitchen. She wasn't trying to be noisy, but getting things out of the cupboards and making coffee were loud on my too sensitive ears.

I cringed into the strong arms that held me all night and remembered who these arms belonged to. Thayne, my rescuer, my knight in shining armor, my dream come true. He wasn't huge with muscle, but he was defined. I could feel the planes of his abs with my fingertips as I was pressed into him.

He must think I am crazy! Who latches onto someone the way I did last night? From the moment he carried me into my house, he has been my personal safety blanket. Come on Breezy, guys like him want girls like your sisters. Confident, independent, beautiful, and out of high school. Not someone possibly related to a koala bear. No, koala bears are cute and cuddly. Possibly related to a boa constrictor. Yea, that's more like it. Boas latch onto something without it's permission and then squeeze the life out of it. That's how I have been acting for the last 7 hours.

I could never tell my friends at school about this. They would laugh at me. "Breezy the Boa", I can hear it now. Why did I ever let my brain entertain the thought that this gorgeous treat of male beauty felt anything for me other than pity?

Oh right, maybe it was because as I shivered and whimpered trying to go to sleep he ran his fingers in small circles on my back in a soothing motion. Also, because of the sweet cooing words that escaped his fabulous lips. "Shh, Luv. It's ok. You are home safe. I won't let anyone else hurt you, Luv." That was exactly what any guy would say to a girl on the verge of crying. Guys don't like that you know.

With all the confidence I could muster I pushed myself up and away from Thayne. He looked surprised by my sudden movement. "Are you ok?" He asked in concern.

"I'll be fine." I replied. I quickly went into the kitchen to get something to drink since my hands and knees were shaking, again. I don't want Thayne to see that. I opened the fridge and grabbed the orange juice. When I went to pour the juice, I shook so much I was splashing juice on the counter. Male hands reached around from behind me and steadied my hand as I poured. I knew it was Thayne. I could feel his chest against my back. I was safe.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into him. His other arm went around my waist and gave a little squeeze. "You are safe Luv. Let's get you some breakfast."

As I turned around Star was watching me and one of the Rescue guys was standing right next to her. Thayne walked me over to a kitchen chair and guided me to sit. He placed my glass of orange juice in front of me.

Turning to Star he asked, "what should I make for breakfast?"

"You guys just sit back and we will make it. Let me go wake my sisters up." Star left the room. Thayne and the other guy looked at each other but didn't say anything.

Soon, Echo entered the kitchen with a blonde right behind her. She looked flustered and he looked like he was ready to laugh. She began rummaging through the fridge. A few minutes later Willow and a brunette walked in the kitchen, eyes locked on each other, holding hands.

Finally, we heard Rayne before we saw her. "Stop telling me what to do! You are not my mom Star." Sigh. Why do they have to start with strangers in our house?

"I don't think she meant anything by it Hot Stuff." A male voice thundered as they came into view.

"What didn't Star mean?" Blaze asked on the edge of the kitchen.

"She was telling me to stop kissing him." She pointed at the big guy. "Then she told me I don't have time for guys because I needed to get back to school." Rayne griped.

"Well, you all do need to get back to school. Classes start back up from the break today. If you leave in the next half hour, you could make your classes. And Breezy, hurry up before you are late to school yourself."

"What? I don't care if I'm late to school! What is the administration going to say? Sorry you were kidnapped and chained to a wall for three days, but being late to class is unacceptable." I said sarcastically.

"Yea! I'll be back to classes by tomorrow. Right now, I don't give a shit what my professors think!" Rayne exclaimed.

"Willow, Echo, will you two please talk some sense into Rayne?" Blaze asked for their help.

"I'm staying right here for now thank you." Willow spoke sweetly, still gazing into the brunette's eyes.

"Um, yea...whatever they want works for me." Echo replied.

"I just can't win, can I?" Blaze huffed.

"I'm heading into work, to see if I still have a job. And I'll be staying at my own place tonight. Thank you for having us all together for Thanksgiving Blaze. It will be one I never forget."

"Star, I'm so sorry I didn't call your work. If you need me to I will talk to whomever you want to tell them about the situation. Also, I'm sorry this one will add to the list of memories you want to forget." Blaze crossed the room and hugged Star tightly. I got up and hugged around them both. Within moments, Echo, Willow and Rayne were all in the circle hugging.

I had to giggle though when I felt new arms hugging around the back of me. The whole rescue team surrounded all of us in one big hug. Once I started giggling, the rest of my family laughed with me. The rescue team all were smiling at us as Thayne cheered out, "group hug!"