Adjustments

"Win."

Win's eyelids flickered open at his sister's call, his body moving to stretch after a good night's sleep.

Well... a fairly good night's sleep. He wasn't exactly sure when he had calmed down enough to actually find slumber, but he managed.

"Mr. Brunette is taking us home soon," Ming spoke, sitting on the end of the bed.

"Ah..." Win acknowledged, rubbing at the sleep in his eyes. It was funny, really. He hadn't seen his sisters in years, but it felt so natural right now. Like he was going to be able to see them every day. He had to actually remind himself that was far from the case, and unless he planned on shuffling back to his parents any time soon, he probably wouldn't see them. The guilty feeling rose back to his chest and he leaned over and hugged Ice.

He would have hugged Ming too, had she been in reach.

But the young woman was being abnormally quiet, sitting at the edge of the bed and looking away from them, at the floor.

There was a knock.

"Girls, ten minutes!" Bright warned, voice muffled by the door.

"Food?" Ice asked with her head rested on her brother's shoulder. Win figured they'd been up for a while and had breakfast already.

"Sounds like a good idea," Win agreed, ruffling her hair before standing up. Both sisters followed him out of the room. It just made Win feel worse to see the two following him so closely, like he was going to up and disappear. Bright was sitting at the dining table reading a newspaper, a muffin wrapper and crumbs the only evidence left of his breakfast. When he looked up from his newspaper, Win smiled, despite the nervousness swelling in his stomach, "Morning."

"Good morning," Bright greeted before glancing at his watch.

"Here," Ice said, walking up to Bright and holding out a piece of paper. Bright had asked her to write down their address so the limo driver would know where he was going. Bright thanked her as Win dropped down on a chair and reached for a piece of toast.

"We have a promise, right you two?" Win asked, glancing at his sisters seriously. During their talk last night, Win had adamantly stated that his existence here would not be talked about to either their mother or father.

"Just come home and we wouldn't need to make that promise," Ming piped up, standing straight. Win swallowed the toast in his mouth.

"Ming-"

"Promise," Ice butted in, looking pointedly between her siblings. She clearly did not want any arguing right before they left.

Bright was starting to like this pair, even though they hardly spoke.

"Alright, we should head out," Bright stated, putting down the tablet and standing up, "Backpacks?"

His sisters shuffled to the bedroom, and Win had to smile.

"Look at you. Bet you would be a good father," Win teased. Bright smiled for a split second before placing a hand on Win's shoulder and leaned forward a bit to whisper in the raven's ear.

"You should have Green come over or something. It'll take your mind off things," Bright suggested, eluding to taking his mind off of his sisters leaving. Win sighed and set his half-eaten toast down.

"You're too nice," Win stated, almost as if he were talking to himself, before looking up at Bright and nodding, "Yeah, I'll give him a call. Worrywart is probably pacing a hole through our floor."

"Heh. ... would it have been best if I wouldn't have brought them...?" Bright asked uncertainly.

Win elbowed him in the side.