Worth It

The tidal wave did not give in to his wishes, however, and churned even harder.

He had the frantic urge to call Drake and make sure everything was still up for grabs. The guy wouldn't change his mind on that deal quickly, right? Hell, Bright didn't even get to finish hearing the details before Win came rushing down.

How much money a year was even a decent living? Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Bright had never had to worry about such things.

Who would take over the company now?

Phukong. He wanted to call Phukong too. His brother had the right to know that he'd cut ties with his father.

Looking at the clock again, Bright knew it was too early to do either, and wearily sighed.

With a tight frown, he set his shoulders.

He needed to stop freaking out. A decision had been made, and he would follow through with it.

... should he tell Win?

He glanced over to the bedroom door.

... no. There was no need to add something to the raven's shoulders. However, there was a need to have something for his belly when he woke up.

With that thought, Bright made his way over to the phone and ordered breakfast.

There was enough time. The brunette had plenty in savings to get his life in order before worrying about what he was going to do with it. But the one thing that kept bugging him, was the fact that no matter what he ended up doing, he wanted Win there.

It would be a fruitless effort if Win didn't feel the same. The question now was, should Bright keep the wobbly sense of peace they had, or tip the scale and hope for the best?

The fact he'd already tipped the scale and got laughed at was enough to make a dark cloud appear over his head. When breakfast arrived, he tried to calm himself with a sweet cinnamon roll, but even the excess sugar didn't have the power to settle him.

But he knew Win was keen on knowing when something was bothering someone. So when the bedroom door opened, Bright was prepared to act as normal as he possibly could.

He had to raise an eyebrow at the way Win was dressed. All black.

"... you look like you're going to a funeral," Bright remarked. Win softly snorted and made his way to the table, taking a seat. His movements were uncomfortable.

"It might be my own," Win joked, grabbing a bagel. Bright briefly snickered at the healthy choice in food compared to his own.

"It won't be that bad," Bright assured, taking a sip of his coffee. Win shot him a skeptical look.

"You shouldn't promise things when you aren't sure yourself."

"Fine, I don't think it'll be that bad."

"You have no basis for saying that, considering you've never met my parents."

"Win, I'm just trying to ease your nerv-"

"Well you're not," Win interrupted, tearing pieces off his bagel and shoveling them into his mouth, "You go abandon your family and then go crawling back."

Bright opened his mouth, ready to say what he'd just said on the phone, but eventually snapped it shut.

"Give me the number to your family's house," Bright said instead, reaching across the table for the cell he'd pushed away from him earlier. He quickly erased the nine missed calls.

"... what?" Win asked, swallowing, "What the hell for? Trying to announce my entrance?"

"No. You told me we'd exchange numbers after you left, didn't you?" Bright asked expectantly, his phone already on the Add Contact screen.