Rise and Shine

The sun shined brightly through the window as Addison began to stir. She blinked slowly, taking in her surroundings as her mind transitioned from being asleep to being awake.

Zed's sleeping form slowly came into focus, making her smile. Addison reached up and gently ran her fingers through his hair, taking in the warmth and comfort his presence gave her.

Zed awoke at her touch, leaning over to kiss her forehead before pulling back and fully opening his eyes. "Good morning beautiful."

Addison smiled, starting to sit up. "Good morning Zed."

Zed rolled over on his stomach, pushing Addison back down as he wrapped his arms around her and snuggled up close.

"No." Zed mumbled into her shoulder. "You can't get up yet. I want cuddles."

Addison laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked his lips. "I love you, but it's time to get up. Besides, I'm starving."

Zed pouted at her words. "Fine, but first you have to pay your fee."

"And what would that be?" Addison chuckled.

Zed smirked. "One kiss, on the lips."

Addison rolled her eyes playfully before leaning down to kiss him. The kiss was soft and sweet but when Zed tried to deepen it, Addison pulled away and booped his nose. "Nice try, but you are not making me late for practice again."

Zed chuckled as he rolled off of her and sat up. "Worth a shot though."

Addison shook her head as she climbed out of bed before walking over to their closet to grab her clothes for the day. "I'm going to take a shower. Can you start breakfast? Without setting the smoke detectors off?"

Zed groaned. "I burnt the pancakes one time."

Addison chuckled, heading for the bathroom. "And hopefully that was the only time."

🤸‍♀️ Time skip brought to you by Bonzo's hugs

Addison had just finished putting her hair up in a ponytail when the smell of pancakes, bacon, and eggs wafted up the stairs. She smiled, adjusting her pink tank top and white shorts one last time before making her way downstairs.

Addison reached the bottom of the stairs just as Zed placed two steaming plates of food on the table.

"Breakfast is served." Zed declared, giving a small bow.

"It smells and looks delicious." Addison complimented, kissing his cheek. "Thank you for making it."

"Anytime." Zed replied, guiding her over to the table. "So what are your plans for today?"

Addison took a bite of her pancakes. "The team is practicing a new cheer routine today. We've been practicing it in sections for a few weeks and now we're going to try putting it together so coach can see what we need to work on. How about you?"

"We're just going to review some of our plays today." Zed explained. "Coach wants to make sure everyone has them memorized by next season."

Addison nodded. "Sounds like we both have long days ahead of us then."

"It's worth it though." Zed smiled. "We're doing what we love. I think that's pretty cool."

"Definitely." Addison agreed, finishing the last of her food.

Zed took their plates to the kitchen and began washing them in the sink. "So what about tonight? We're both going to be exhausted so how about we cuddle on the couch with some popcorn and watch a movie? Just me and you relaxing."