Bundle of Joy

"My water broke."

Zed's eyes widened as he processed her words. It was a week early, but the baby was coming. They were going to be parents. He cradled Brayden in the crook of his arm and started to get up, only to remember he couldn't.

"Zed." Addison whimpered, her face scrunched in pain.

"Hold on Addy." Zed told her, turning his head towards the stairs. "Bree! Bonzo! We need help down here!"

The sound of hurried footsteps echoed on the floorboards above then Bree and Bonzo appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Bron zongro (What's wrong)?" Bonzo asked.

"The baby's coming." Zwd explained, gesturing to Addy who was breathing heavily. "We need to go to the hospital, now."

Bree rushed down the stairs to Addy's side, holding her hand. "Oh bestie, you're finally going to meet your little girl."

"Hospital now.... talk later." Addison choked out, breathing through another contraction.

Bree nodded, turning to her husband. "Bonzo take Addy to the car. Zed where are the keys to her car?"

"In the bowl by the door." Zed replied.

"Okay, Bonzo is going to take you and Addy to the hospital in her car." Bree explained. "I'm going to take our car and drop Brayden off at my parents then I'll meet you at there."

"Sounds good to me." Addison replied, forcing a smile despite the pain.

Bonzo grabbed the keys from the bowl then held Addison's hand as he guided her outside. Bree walked over to the couch, taking Brayden from Zed and placing him in his baby carrier.

With his hands free, Zed pulled himself up and into his wheelchair before rolling towards the door. Bree held the door and the two of them made their way outside.

Zed rolled over to the back door of the car and climbed in the back seat next to Addison, taking her hands in his. "You're doing great Addison. We'll be at the hospital before you know it."

"Tell Kenzie that." Addison huffed, squeezing his hand. "I don't know if she is going to wait."

Bonzo placed Zed's chair in the trunk then blew a quick kiss to Bree before jumping in the driver's seat. He backed the car out of the driveway and they were off.

Zed kissed Addison's forehead, using his free hand to gently rub her swollen belly. "We'll make it."

"I hope so." Addison replied, catching her breath. "Alpha Wylda and my mom warned me that I might progress quickly."

"What?" Zed's eyes widened. This was the first time he'd heard about this. "What do you mean?"

Addison laid her head on his shoulder. "Alpha Wylda told me werewolves tend to have quick births. It's a survival trait from when werewolves couldn't risk staying in one place for a long period of time. My mom also said that her labor was very fast, especially for a twin delivery. It's possible that we may meet our little girl sooner rather than later."

Zed gulped. As badly as he wanted to hold his daughter. He was not equipped to deliver her in the back seat of their car.

"Bonzo, you may need to go a little faster buddy." Zed said before turning back to his wife. "And Addy, keep your legs crossed."

Addison smacked his shoulder just before another contraction hit. "That's not how it works." She groaned.

Bonzo snickered at the two as he crossed the intersection. Though he heeded Zed's advice and sped up a bit.