Welcome Home

Zed smiled softly at his daughter who was sleeping peacefully in her carseat. He could feel Addison leaning against his side, her head resting on his shoulder. The quiet car ride was a peaceful change from the hustle and bustle of the hospital.

Dale and Missy sat up front, charged with the duty of bringing the new family home. Zed was grateful for their help. They were in the process of getting his jeep modified so that he could start driving again, but the installation of the new equipment he would need took time. Thankfully they had friends and family who were willing to help them.

As Dale pulled up to the house, they noticed two signs had been placed in the yard, one in english and one in Zombie tongue, and pink balloons were tied to their porch. Friends and family were gathered on the lawn, waiting to welcome Kenzie home.

"Looks like everyone has been busy." Addison chuckled.

Zed smiled. "Did you expect any less?"

Addison kissed his cheek. "Nope."

Addison got out of the car and waved to their friends before turning back to take Kenzie's carseat from Zed. She stepped back, allowing her dad to wheel Zed's chair over so he could get out as well. Once he was ready they made their way up the driveway to greet the group waiting for them.

"Welcome home!" Bucky grinned, stepping forward to greet them. "How does it feel to be parents?"

"It feels amazing Buck." Zed replied. "We're so happy."

Addison nodded. "We are."

Zevon chuckled. "You may change your mind once the sleep deprevation kicks in."

Zed rolled his eyes. "Really dad? Can't we ignore reality for a little while and enjoy what we have right now?"

"Of course you can." Zevon said, patting his back. "But just remember I told you so."

Zed shook his head, wheeling himself up to the house. "Come on everybody, let's go inside."

Everyone nodded in agreement, following him inside. The group crowded into the living room, taking their seats wherever they could find room. Bonzo and Dale brought in some extra chairs from the dining room to help out while some people like Zoey, Wanda, and Wynter decided to just sit on the floor.

Chatter filled their home as everyone took turns holding Kenzie while the new parents opened the gifts that had been brought. Soon bottles, clothes, toys, pacifiers, and a blanket covered the coffee table in front of them.

"Thank you guys." Zed smiled. "We really appreciate all this."

"Of course." Bree replied. "Its the least we can do."

Bucky nodded. "Better get used to it. She's going to be spoiled rotten."

"Oh definitely." Wyatt agreed.

Addison turned to face him. "That reminds me, where were you and Eliza last night? We never got to see you."

"We snuck in while you were sleeping." Wyatt explained. "Sorry we weren't there sooner, but we had a prior engagement."

"And that was?" Addison asked.

Eliza held out her hand with a laugh. "We're engaged!"

Everyone cheered in excitement.

"We're going to be sisters!" Addison squealed, giving Eliza a hug.

Eliza laughed. "We sure are."

"Our kids will be cousins." Zed grinned.

"Don't remind me." Eliza huffed, faking disgust but biting back a smile.

"That's not all." Wyatt replied, motioning for Willa to speak up.