Support

"You know, everyone is worried about you. Not even the doctors are sure about your chances, but I believe you're going to pull through. I've known you since we were in diapers. You've always been a fighter. Things aren't the same without your jokes or our friendly banter. So you can't go dying on me okay? If you do, I will seance your behind every night to torment your soul until I die. You understand me? *sighs* What I'm trying to say is, come back to us. We miss you."

"Eliza...."

🧠

Bucky sat his plate on the table then sighed as he watched Addison push her food around her plate with a vacant expression. "Addison, you need to eat."

"I'm not hungry." Addison mumbled, dropping her fork and placing her hands in her lap.

"Addison we talked about this." Bucky reminded her gently. "You may not be hungry but the little one inside you probably is. You have to take care of yourself to take care of the baby. We both know that's what Zed would want if her were here."

Addison flinched at the mention of Zed's name but she slowly picked up her fork and began to eat.

After spending two days in the hospital for observation, Addison had been discharged. Since she couldn't drive with her arm in a sling and was supposed to be resting it as much as possible, Bucky had volunteered to stay with her to help out wherever and whenever she needed.

The hardest part about leaving the hospital for her had been leaving Zed, but Bucky had promised to take her to visit him whenever she wanted.

The last three weeks since she came home Bucky had kept his word, but even when she wasn't with Zed, he was all she could think about. Especially when she was home alone. The house was too quiet, her bed was empty and cold, even the air around her in the house felt heavy and solemn. It just wasn't the same without Zed.

But Addison knew Bucky was right, she couldn't let her sadness keep her from taking care of her baby. It was a piece of Zed that was growing inside her, a symbol of their love.

Addison tried to remind herself of that, but sometimes the weight of her emotions consumed her, making it almost impossible to see beyond the gloom.

"Addison? Addison!"

Bucky's voice snapped Addison from her thoughts, bringing her back to reality. Addison shook her head then looked up at him. "Yeah?"

"I was asking if maybe...if you feel up to it...you could help me with something?" Bucky explained hesitantly.

Addison sighed, picking at the remaining food on her plate. "Help you with what exactly?"

Bucky sat down his fork then rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Planning out my wedding proposal to Ziva."

Addison looked up at him with wide eyes. "You're going to propose to Ziva?"

Bucky nodded. "I am. I love Ziva and want to spend the rest of my life with her."

"What about your parents?" Addison asked. "They're so zombie-phobic they wouldn't even come to my wedding. How do you think they'll react when they find out you're marrying one? Do they even know you and Ziva are dating?"

"Well..." Bucky chuckled nervously. "They know I'm in a relationship, just not who I'm in it with."

"Bucky!" Addison groaned. "Aunt Colleen and Uncle John are going to freak when they find out. What are you going to do?"

"You want to know what I'm going to do?" Bucky asked, his voice serious. "I'm going to marry Ziva, regardless of whether or not I have my parents' approval. I've spent my whole life trying to make them proud and earn love they were never going to give. Why would I continue to subject myself to that when I could marry a girl who loves me the way I am and makes me happy? You were brave enough to follow your heart, and now I'm going to follow mine. For the first time in my life, I'm doing something for my own happiness."

Addison pushed her empty plate aside, giving him a small smile. "That's wonderful Bucky. I'm proud of you."

Bucky grinned. "Thanks. So does that mean you'll help?"

"Of course." Addison replied. "Have you come up with any ideas yet?"

"Well," Bucky began. "I was actually thinking that I want to propose to her at Z-Tech."

"Z-Tech?" Addison questioned. "No offense, but that's not exactly a romantic hot spot."

"You're right." Bucky replied. "Its not romantic, but it is sentimental. Z-Tech was where Ziva and I met for the first time."

"She went to Seabrooke." Addison reminded him. "You met her before then."

"I know." Bucky sighed. "But that was when I was still a jerk who hated Zombies. Z-Tech was where Ziva got to meet the real me. The me who was willing to accept others and their differences, the me who was able to accept himself for who he was, a human who was part werewolf. That's the moment I want to celebrate."

Addison smiled. "That's actually really sweet."

"Yeah." Bucky replied. "I figured I could tell Ziva we're going to dinner. Then I could ask Dr. Andrews to call with an excuse for me to come to Z-Tech. I'll tell her I need to stop by there before we go to dinner to do something. Maybe I'll set up some candles and rose petals before hand, she walks in and sees it all, turns around to face me, and bam! I'm down on one knee asking her to marry me."

"Sounds like you've been really thinking about this." Addison replied. "But what will happen after that?"

Bucky shrugged. "I don't know. We kiss?"

Addison rolled her eyes. "Well yeah, but I was thinking after the proposal you should still take her to dinner to celebrate. You know, to end the night in a romantic setting."

Bucky chuckled, pulling out a flower catalog and a ring catalog. "Yeah, I guess that's not a bad plan. So want to help me pick out the flower petals and the engagement ring?"

Addison walked over and sat beside him. "Sure, sounds like fun."

Bucky sighed in relief as Addison opened one of the catalogs and began flipping through the pages. Maybe if he could keep finding ways to distract Addison from everything going on with Zed, he could help her heal one day at a time.

Author's Note

Finally. A chapter is written.

                 -Meloetta246