Bitter-Sweet Moments

"Hello Zed. It's been a while. We wanted to stop by to see how you were doing. This has all been so hard on Addison, but we're doing our best to support her until you are well again. Don't keep her waiting too long Necrodopolis."

"What my husband is trying to say, is that despite what has happened in the past, we care about you. You make Addison so happy and she loves you so much. You are a good young man Zed, we couldn't have asked for anyone better for our daughter. We are proud to call you our son-in-law. Please keep fighting Zed. Addison and that little baby are going to need you."

"Dale....Missy..."

Addison flipped absent-mindedly through another brochure on tips for expectant mothers as she waited to see her OBGYN. The waiting room was quiet and Addison was doing her best to distract herself from the thoughts looming in the back of her mind.

Being that her appointment was at the hospital, she couldn't help but think about Zed who was floors above her in the ICU. She knew he would want to be involved in every step of the pregnancy. Not to mention how excited he would be to actually see the baby.

Addison subconsciously rubbed her thumb across her wedding band. It was something that had become a habit whenever she thought about Zed. The ring reminded her of their promises to eachother and that even if he couldn't be with her physically, a part of him still was.

"Addy!"

Addison shook herself from her thoughts and looked up to see Bree walking towards her. At six months pregnant, Bree's baby bump was more prominent than her own, but that didn't stop her bestie from engulfing her in a hug.

"Bree, thank you so much for coming." Addison smiled, hugging her bestie.

"Of course." Bree replied, pulling away from the hug and taking Addison's hands in hers. "I wouldn't miss this for the world. It's not every day you get to share the experience of being pregnant with your best friend!"

Addison chuckled as the two sat down. "I know. It's so cool that we get to share this experience together. I just.... I wish...."

Bree smiled softly, taking Addison's hand in hers. "I know Addy. We all want Zed to get better. But until then we all have your back. Now come on, smile! This is supposed to be a happy moment."

"I know, you're right." Addison admitted. "It just feels wrong to not have Zed here."

"And that's exactly why you have me." Bree reminded her. "So we can do this together."

Addisin nodded. "Yeah, thanks Bree."

"Of course." Bree replied, digging around in her purse before producing an envelope. "Here, I got this for you."

Addison took the envelope before opening it up and pulling out the contents. Her eyes lit up in excitement as she studied the small, black and white image. "Awwww, Bree this is amazing. Thank you."

"