Wolfie

Four hours before Kenzie's birth....

"Soda, sandwiches, fruit salad, marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers, roasting sticks, blanket, pillows, lanterns....I have everything right?"

Willa sat on the counter and rolled her eyes as Wyatt dug through the picnic basket for the third time, checking to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything. The poor wolf had been stressing the entire afternoon, pacing and running through his list over and over again.

"You're such a worry wolf." Willa sighed, hoping off the counter to stand beside him. "Eliza is going to love what you have planned. Just relax and have fun. The rest will happen on its own."

Wyatt groaned. "I know, but I want this night to be perfect. This is a big moment for both of us."

Willa wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "You've been together for 8 years. If she's put up with you for this long, I doubt you could do anything to scare her away now. If you are ready to take this step, then do it."

"Easy for you to say." Wyatt huffed, repacking the basket. "You and Wade haven't even taken the next step."

Willa smirked, turning around so her back was leaning against the counter. "And who told you that?"

Wyatt froze, turning to face her. He eyed her curiously. As far as he knew, Willa and Wade were still dating. No one had mentioned anything more. His eyes trailed down to her left hand. No ring. So he hadn't proposed in human or modern Zombie customs. Then it hit him. Wade isn't a Zombie, nor is he fully human. He's a wolf.

"No way." Wyatt's eyes widened. Surely Willa would have told him. They told eachother everything. He grabbed her left wrist and turned it over. His jaw dropped when he saw the ink on her skin.

"Surprise?" Willa chuckled.

Wyatt lifted his gaze to meet her own. "This is a commitment tattoo. You and Wade had a commitment ceremony and didn't tell me?"

Willa pulled her wrist away, gently running her fingers over the tattoo. "We didn't tell anyone, Wyatt. Only mom and the elders know because they had to officiate the ceremony."

Wyatt ran a hand through his hair. "But why haven't you told anyone about the ceremony?"

"Its not that we didn't want to. It just never felt like the right time." Willa admitted.

Wyatt shook his head. "I don't understand."

Willa sighed. She knew they would have to explain everything to their friends and family eventually, and she understood her brother's confusion. Commitment ceremonies were normally celebrated by the entire pack. The fact that they had hid it was unheard of.

"Wade and I agreed that we wanted a private ceremony. Instead of having a bunch of people fawning over us, we wanted to have the night to ourselves." Willa explained. "We figured that we'd have the ceremony and then when we were ready, we'd tell everyone. Neither of us planned on waiting this long."

Wyatt furrowed his brows as his confusion grew. "Okay, I get wanting the ceremony to be a private moment, but why have you been waiting to tell us? And how long have you been waiting?"

"6 months." Willa replied. "I know, it sounds crazy, but our ceremony was the night before Zed and Addison's accident. After we heard what happened, we decided to wait until we knew they would be okay. Then Addison found out she was pregnant, Zed was in a coma for 4 months, Bucky proposed to Ziva, and Brayden was born. So much has happened in the last 6 months that the timing just never felt right."

Wyatt pulled Willa into a hug. Now that she had explained everything, he understood. The last few months had been a rollercoaster for everyone. He didn't blame them for keeping their commitment under wraps. They were waiting for their moment and it kept getting taken away by other events that popped up.