Jitters

"Hey. Bonzo and I came to see how you're doing. Addison's been really down in the dumps with you being in the hospital. I know it would make her so happy if you woke up. Also, Bonzo and I have been talking. We want you and Addison to be our baby's godparents. We really hope you'll say yes, but we want to wait and ask you and Addison together. So get better soon, okay?"

"Za. Az Zedka, ru gast zeng. Ru zrozu garzet az. (Sniffles quietly) Za--Za gra'zon gozru az. (Yeah. And Zed, you're my best friend. (Sniffles quietly) I--I can't lose you too.)"

"Oh Bonzo, don't cry. He'll be okay. If I know Zed, he isn't going anywhere."

Bree...Bonzo...

Bucky stared at his reflection in the mirror as he smoothed down his white button up shirt for the third time. He had paired it with a pair of green slacks and some black dress shoes. He looked great if he did say so himself, but his nerves kept making him second guess that thought.

"Why do you look like you're going to a funeral?"

Bucky jumped, startled by the unexpected comment and turned around to see Addison leaning against the door frame.

"Wha-What do you mean?"

Addison chuckled, walking over and turning him to face the mirror. "Look at your face, it's so solemn. This is supposed to be a happy moment. Smile cuz."

"I know." Bucky sighed. "But I'm nervous. What if something goes wrong? What if Ziva declines my proposal? I wouldn't blame her. After all the mistakes I've made, I wouldn't marry me either."

"Bucky..." Addison placed a hand on his shoulder. "We all mistakes, but you learned from yours and started making the right choices to help yourself and others, that's what matters."

Addison walked over to the dresser and picked up the small, black velvet box and opened it before handing it to Bucky. "Besides, look at this ring! Ziva would would be crazy to say no to this."

Bucky smiled as he stared at the ring

Bucky smiled as he stared at the ring. "You're right. Tonight is going to be amazing. Thanks Addison."

Addison hugged him. "Anytime cuz."

Bucky hugged her back before pulling away. "So, now that the mushy cousin moment has passed, are you ready to go?"

Addison nodded. "Yeah, I was just waiting on you."

Bucky grabbed his wallet and keys before walking downstairs with Addison. They walked outside to the car, climbing inside.

Bucky put on his seatbelt then turned to Addison who was putting on her own. It had been almost two months since the accident, and now as the seatbelt stretched around her abdomen, it rounded out in front, outlining the small baby bump that she had developed.

"Bree is meeting you at the hospital right?" Bucky asked, backing the car out of the driveway and heading down the road. 

Addison rolled her eyes. "Yes Bucky, Bree is meeting me at the hospital. And taking me home, in case you were wondering."

"Great." Bucky nodded, keeping his eyes on the road.

Addison slumped back in her seat. She was so tired of Bucky treating her like she was incapable of being left alone. Her injuries were healed, she didn't need a babysitter. Addison sighed and turned to her cousin. "No Bucky, not great. The doctors cleared me two weeks ago. My arm is fine and as long as I am mindful of the baby, I can go back to my normal routine. That includes driving myself around. I appreciate you helping me out but when are you going to stop treating me like I'm helpless?"

Bucky's shoulders slumped slightly at her words. He slowed down and pulled the car over.

Addison's brow furrowed in confusion as Bucky put the car in park. "Why are you stopping?"

Bucky ignored her question as he began to speak. "Addison, I never meant to make you feel like I don't trust you to take care of yourself and the baby. I know that you are more than capable."

"Then why won't you let me?" Addison asked.

"Because I'm afraid of seeing you get hurt again." Bucky admitted.

Addison's eyes widened in surprise, then softened as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Bucky..."

Bucky turned to face her. "When Aunt Missy called and told me what happened, I was terrified. All I could think about on the way to the hospital was whether or not you were going to be okay. You're my little cousin, but you are also the one person in our family who has always stuck by my side and loved me no matter what. I didn't want to lose the one family member who cared about me."

"You could never lose me." Addison replied, pulling him into a hug. "And knowing you care means alot, but I need to have my independence back."

"I know." Bucky sighed, hugging her back. "But with Zed still in the hospital you've been so down, I don't want you to feel alone."

Addison pulled out of the hug and smiled. "As long as I have my family and my friends, I'll never be alone. Plus I have faith Zed will wake up, even if it isn't as soon as I hoped."

Bucky smiled back. "I'm glad to see you're getting back to your old self. I missed my witty cousin."

Addison rolled her eyes playfully. "What was it you said earlier? Oh yeah, now that the mushy cousin moment has passed, are you ready to go?"

Bucky chuckled. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Author's Note

Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I've updated and I am so sorry for that. It isn't that I haven't wanted to, it's that I had a family emergency. My grandmother fractured a section if her lower spine on both sides. She had surgery to correct it and is now in a rehabilitation center recovering. Because she has been in the hospital it had been up to me and my other family members to step up and take care of things around her house and take care of my grandfather who has mobility issues. Due to all this I have been very busy. I appreciate your patience as my family and I work towards getting our lives back to normal. Enjoy the chapter and I hope to update again soon!

                         -Meloetta246