Meet and Greet

(Use you imagination to give her green hair in the picture above)

As things settled down, the new parents were left alone to get acquainted with the newest addition of their family. Addison and Zed took advantage of their time alone with Kenzie. They took turns holding her, talking to her, and Addison even took a moment to feed her for the first time.

Once her belly was full, Kenzie drifted to sleep in Addison's arms. Zed smiled, reaching over to play with her tiny fingers. It was still so surreal. Kenzie was here. They were a family. He was a dad.

"She's beautiful Addy." Zed whispered.

Addison smiled, her gaze focused on her daughter. "She is. The ultrasounds didn't do her justice."

"Agreed." Zed chuckled before his expression grew somber. The ultrasounds. He'd missed so much leading up to this moment.

"What's wrong?" Addison asked, noticing the change in his expression.

Zed sighed. "I feel like I've already missed out on so much. I wasn't there when you found out. I wasn't there for your appointments. I wasn't there to help you when you were sick or had cravings. Now she's here and it's making me realize just how little time I've had to be with you before this."

Addison intertwined her fingers with his. "You're here now, Zed. That's all that matters. The accident, the coma, none of that was your fault."

Addison lifted his hand to her lips, kissing it gently. "I know that if it had been your choice, you would have been there for us every step of the way during the pregnancy. But Zed, you don't have to worry about that because Kenzie is going to grow up with memories of her amazing daddy being there for her for the rest of her life. Those are the moments that will matter, okay? Don't let past weigh you down."

Zed nodded, knowing she was right. "Yeah, thanks Addy. I needed to hear that."

"Anytime." Addison smiled.

Zed squeezed her hand before pulling away and grabbing the wheels of his chair. "I'm going to go get everyone from the waiting room. They're probably getting anxious."

Addison chuckled. "You're right. But she's our daughter so I think we're allowed to hog her if we choose."

"Oh definitely." Zed grinned, turning his chair around. "I'll be right back."

Zed wheeled himself down the hall to the waiting room. He spotted his friends and family huddled together in a corner of the room, talking excitedly. He started towards them when Zoey spotted him. She jumped off Wanda's lap and sprinted towards him, meeting him halfway.

"Zed! Is she here!?"

Zed nodded, a smile on his face. "Yep. Kenzie Lynn Necrodopolis has officially made her way into the world."

Zoey squealed, pulling him into a tight embrace. "I'm a aunt! You're a dad! This is amazing! Can we go see her now? Pleeeeeease!?"

Zed laughed as everyone surrounded the two of them, filling the air with cheers and congratulations. "Of course. That's why I came to get all of you. Come on."

Zed took the lead as everyone made their way to Addison's room. When they reached the door, Zoey darted in front if Zed and raced into the room.

"Addy!"

"Shhhh!" Addison whispered, gesturing to the sleeping newborn in her arms.

"Sorry." Zoey whispered back, making her way to over. She peered down at the sleeping infant and smiled. "She's so cute! Can I hold her?"

Addison nodded, placing Kenzie in Zoey's waiting arms. Zoey smiled at the newborn, rocking her slowly. "Hi Kenzie, I'm your Aunt Zoey."

Wanda walked up and wrapped her arms around Zoey's waist from behind, studying the infant from over her girlfriend's shoulder. "She definitely takes after Addison in looks."