*Chapter 5*

When the following spring came, so did a letter from Kazuha. I hadn't heard from him since he was announced missing and to say I was surprised at the letter was an understatement. I opened the letter and it read:

Dear Y/N,

You must hate me by now, for when it seemed we needed each other the most I slipped out of your life. I admit, I am a coward and I haven't gotten any better but I do hope you can find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me or at least humour me by reading this letter. 

As I write this, I'm currently with my travel companion. We met recently and decided to journey together for a while. I hope you are doing well, the Kaedehara clan has been left to shreds and I can't bare the thought to even look at the place. 

By the time you read this, I will be long gone. I sense a danger looming the coming days and I must worn you to be careful. I regret not being there to offer my protection but then again, you never needed it did you? 

I don't know how long it will be before I can see you again, but for the sake of our friendship I beg for forgiveness. I'm certain our path will cross again. The future will hold tough battles, I can tell by the scent of the wind. 

Hopefully by the time I see you again princess, I would at least have grown taller than you. But for now, I'll follow where the wind leads me until I follow it back to you. 

Farewell,

Kazuha

Oh Kazuha, he had the audacity to send me such a well written letter with such beautiful handwriting after all that he did. Still, I couldn't find it in my heart to stay mad at him. Maybe it was his charm or maybe it was the cereal kicking in but I couldn't be angry. I sighed and laid down on my bed, knocking over a book by accident with my left hand. 

As I went to pick it up, I noticed the bookmark had slipped out of the book. It was the book mark I requested made 6 years ago, when I first met Ms.Kaedehara and Kazuha. They had gifted me the maple leaves and I had asked the staff to preserve them forever. 

Oh Kazuha, you're such an idiot. I thought to myself, please come back to me soon...

It would be many years before the young Kaedehara prince would return back to Y/N. 

Soon after the vision hunt was declared and Kazuha was deemed a criminal, the L/N clan was attacked. Being the only surviving member of the clan left, Y/N was forced to flee to the Kamisato house. 

On that fateful night, her mother, father and 3 brothers were killed. Her fourth and oldest brother was no  She would have to take on a new last name "Kamisato" and was deemed a princess of  her newly adopted clan. 

All these news slipped past Kazuha as he was busy sailing away on the Crux. Though as if I sixth sense, he could feel as if something was off. "Soon" he told himself, "Soon I will return back to Y/N.". 

Fun fact:

Kazuha rewrote his letter a total of 12 times before deeming it worthy to be in Y/N's presence. On his 11th attempt Beidou snuck up on him and in panic Kazuha ate the paper to avoid being teased on "writing a love letter" by Beidou. 

A/N

Sorry if this chapter was a little shorter than the others, or if it had too much information. What happens between Kazuha and Y/N's childhood will be published as a separate book which is why I'm trying to move the plot ahead. Have a good day/night everyone :)