Chapter 23

THIRD POV:

"Fatui tampering with affairs are always troublesome, to steal an archon's gnosis is quite the statement." Kazuha comments as he and Y/N discuss the upcoming battle plans. The two had just receive new information regarding the fatui from Kokomi. 

"It's such a shame indeed, I was hoping I didn't have to shave off anymore eyebrows." 

"That's what you're worried about?" 

"I'd really hate to do this but I might have to pay the fatui a visit myself." The princess stated.

"Alone? That's too dangerous at least let me go with-"

"No need, I'm sure I'll be alright."

"That's still too risky!" Kazuha argues back "What will happen if we loose you?" 

"It'll be fine, I'm only going there to talk not to fight." Y/N says with confidence

"You might not be there to fight but the fatui might not cooperate as well as you want." 

"Oh please don't worry about me, they'll listen... In the meanwhile, why don't you go see what Gorou's doing it seems he's gotten himself into more trouble than he thought." 

"Leave the general alone it can't be that ba- alright I'll go but you better keep your promise and make it out unhurt." Kazuha says before planting a quick kiss on Y/N's forehead. 

Y/N quickly went to the fatui base, having previously scouted the land she had already located it a few weeks prior. As she walked in most of the fatui didn't bat an eye, a few of the newer recruits tried to say something but were held back by the more experienced members.  

"Princess you're here," A voice calls out. "I knew you would come."

"Please refrain from calling my that, I have a name." Y/N replies back.

"Oh please, I know you love it when I call you that." 

"Fuck off Scaramouche and for your record, no one likes you." The princess says coldly 

"If you didn't like me why would you have come crawling back to me? Shouldn't you get on your knees and beg for forgiveness, or do you want to meet the rest of your family?" 

"Leave my family out of this you son of a bitch, I came here to discuss about why the fatui has been meddling with Inazuma's affairs. Nothing. Else." 

"Always so cold towards me, I told you I'd let you live back then in hopes you'd marry me when you grew up. Guess that didn't work out." Scaramouche says walking closer to Y/N, this caused the girl to backtrack the steps until she eventually hit a wall."

"Listen here, you better tell me why the fatui is here or things won't end so pretty." The princess spat to him. 

"Gee calm down, the fatui's only here to take the gnosis-"

"Gnosis?!"

"I've said too much... but I'll tell you the full story if you join us. After all that flame of yours would be useful to our organization, it's the only reason you've live so long anyways." The balladeer says.

"I'd rather die than join you guys." 

"Alright fine, I expected as much. That won't stop from me giving you a good time though." The harbinger says placing his hand on Y/N's face.

"Get your filthy hands off me." The girl says trying to squirm out of his reach.

"Didn't you promise you'd sell me your body if I let your family off the hook, I remember that clear as day." 

"Yes but you killed my family so it doesn't matter to me now. Also poisoning Ms.Kaedehara just to hurt me, how low can you get." The princess says before biting Scaramouche's hand causing him to let go. "I've gotten my information I can leave now, farewell balladeer may the rest of your life suck." 

And just like that, Y/N stormed out of the fatui base setting things on fire left and right and disappearing in the smoke.  Gnosis huh? Seems like the fatui underestimated  Inazuma

FUN FACTS:

- Author bullies Gorou too much in this fanfic

- Scaramouche tried to pin Y/N to the wall but his hat got in the way

- Y/N set an entire island to flame after leaving the fatui base, a certain white oni spotted her and tried to challenge her to a fight. She threatened his eyebrows and he ran off. 

Author's note

IM BACKKKKKKKK for a while, I want to update more during winter break so for now the story is still on Hiatus. However I thought I'd give you guys a short chapter since everyone's been waiting for patiently. I apologize for suddenly disappearing I promise I was not hit by a truck.

Good news though, I do plan on publishing another book. It'll be out by 2022. If you guys have specific x reader requests feel free to comment.