*Chapter 18*

Third POV:

"You're not fighting in the tournament?" Kazuha asked Y/N as they made their way back to the arena.

"No, I much rather the traveler win this trip to Inazuma. I know I haven't been gone long but I wanted to check in with Kokomi." 

"I see..." 

"You're skeptical on going back aren't you?" The princess asked Kazuha surprising the boy. 

"You could tell?"

"You're not that hard to read." She replied with a smile. 

"Well it's true her excellency's determination is up most admirable, I can't help but also worry for your safety. The last thing I would want is for you to get injured in battle." 

"Please don't fret about my safety," Y/N said cheerfully "after all I'm more than capable of handling myself." 

Kazuha lets out a sigh in defeat, "I suppose you do have a point there." 

As the fighting tournament began the excitement of the crowd was clear as day. By the time Y/N and Kazuha made it to the arena the first rounds were already finished. The two took a seat by Beidou and watched the show go down from afar. 

Unbeknownst to the two not only had a thief caught eye on the vision, but they had also caught eyes on the pretty lady that sat next to Kazuha. 

"Hey Kazuha, that weird dude over there. He keeps eyeing the reward do you think he's gonna try and steal it?" Y/N says fiddling with the grass beneath her. 

"Hmm... could be a possibility."

"Want me to keep an eye on him?"

"I would be most grateful."

Speak of the devil, the man actually had the nerve to approach the couple as they were chitchatting. Beidou had gone to help the traveler so it was the two of them with the suspicious man. The nerve...

"Excuse me," He started. "it appears I'm a little lost. Could you help me find my way to the battle arena." 

"..."

"Dude it's literally right behind you." The princess bluntly stated. 

"It appears I have gone blind do you mind holding my hand to my destination?" The man continued unfazed by the cold attitude. 

"Sorry sir we were having a conversation." Kazuha says as calmly as possible but it was visible he was getting agitated. 

"What is wrong with him." Y/N whispered to Kazuha who seemed equally as confused as her. 

"Well since I'm obvious lost AND blind why don't this pretty lady here guide me back?" The stranger said with a creepily sweet smile.

It took a good second before the couple realized what was happening. Oh... so that's what he wants. They both thought.

"So uhm... do you mind helping me.?" The man asked again as he was met in silence. However it was soon broken by Y/N drop kicking him in the face. The well deserved blow struck the man and knocked him flat onto the ground earning an "oof" from the stranger and a chuckle from Kazuha. 

"Sorry but I already have someone, and he's far better than you are. For one he actually has hair, I can see your bald patches all the way from here." 

It wasn't long before the man took to his feet and fled the scene, scurrying back into the crowd and hiding amongst the shadows. 

"Well that was delightful to watch." Kazuha says with a calm voice, but his beaming face suggested other emotions. 

"Oh shut up, you could at least try and hide your happiness."

"Why would I, it was so fun to watch the guy get beat up." The boy then got up and stood right behind the princess. "Plus you looked so hot kicking his face like that." He whispered. 

"EHhhHH?" Y/N said before taking a step forward and turning around. "Watch your words or I'm kicking you next." 

Kazuha only chuckled before throwing his hands up in defeat then pouncing on Y/N and tackling her with a hug. 

After the realization the prize of the contest was missing, Kazuha was quickly able to piece back what happened. He took no time following the man with the traveler and did not hesitate to beat him up.

The traveler could only gawk at his amazing swordsmanship while Kazuha "sparred" with the thief. In the end four bones were broken, two teeth were knocked out, one eye was left bruised and his hair was completely gone. 

Nevertheless the traveler won a trip to Inazuma and the empty vision was back in Kazuha's possession. 

Fun Facts:

- Y/N offered to tweeze the thief's eyebrow hair out one by one. Kazuha didn't bother to question why she had a pair of tweezer's in her pocket. 

- Y/N found a cat near the boat and decided to feed it some fish, she's now content on adopting the cat and Kazuha has no say in the matter. 

- Kazuha likes to pick Y/N up and twirl her around when they're happy. 

- Beidou now has signs all over the ship that say "no jumping overboard on purpose (looking at you Kazuha )" 

A/N:

If you guys have any questions you want to ask like "What would Kazuha/Y/N do in ____ scenario?" or anything else just ask here and I'll be happy to reply :)