*Chapter 9*

Third Pov:

As Ayaka slid the door close, the tension in the room increases along with Kazuha's heartbeat. The young and naive image of Y/N was gone and in front of him, stood a completely different woman. Or at least, that's what he thought. 

"Pass the tea cakes, then we'll talk. I have my priorities, food then the childhood friend of mine that left me for three years." Y/N says while taking Ayaka's spot and seating herself across Kazuha. 

Hesitantly, the young boy pushed the tray filled with tea cakes towards the girl. Kazuha blinked and blinked again, trying to get a good look at his friend. Y/N was still the same Y/N, she was just a lot more grown up and... a lot more like a lady now. He suppose it was only natural since she was only 14 last time he saw her. 

"I'm glad you're back Kazuha," the girl said with a smile much too sweet to be real, "you left for so long I was beginning to think you wouldn't return." She paused expecting Kazuha to say something back, but the boy was completely frozen and kept awkwardly gawking at her. "Oh my, I haven't seen you in three years and now you won't even talk to me? Shouldn't you be the one that deserves the silent treatment?" 

Snapping out of his daze Kazuha realized that Y/N's eyes were dead set on him, almost piercing into his soul. Was she this terrifying before? He asked himself. "You've grown a lot since the last time I saw you, I'm sorry I wasn't able to recognize you. I didn't expect to bump into you so soon, I hope you can forgive my ignorance.

Y/N could only sigh in disappointment. "You know, for someone who was praised to be exceptional in the mind you seem to be lacking a few senses. For example, sight."

"I know, I know and I'm so sorry I left. I had no choice." 

"Between me and some guy you just met, you choosed him over me?"

"I had no choice! The vision hunt decree was-"

"You chose your vision over me?" The tone in Y/N's voice completely shattered Kazuha's heart. He knew that he was wrong but he just couldn't bring himself to say it.

"I know I was wrong and I'm sorry." 

"Well I'm sorry too..."

"What do you mean?" Kazuha asked in confusion, blinking at the girl.

While Kazuha was in thought, Y/N took this opportunity to make a fist and punch Kazuha right in the face. It was a well deserved blow considering the guy left her for 3 years without even a word. 

"What was that for?" Kazuha says while rubbing his face. He hadn't expect to receive such a hard hit from the princess herself.  

As Y/N continue to laugh at the boy's bother state she raised her hand to pat the top of Kazuha's head. Completely ignoring the fact she almost destroyed his existence a second ago. "You haven't changed at all Kazuha."

"Uhm thanks?" The samurai could not process the string of events and was stiff as a rock under Y/N's hand. Considering he just got punched in the face and was now being treated like a dog. 

"Now leave like that again and I'll pull all your hair out." 

"Wait WhAT, I didn't expect you to be a sadis-"

"Finish that sentence and you'll never see daylight again. 

"Alright I give up" Kazuha says putting two hands up in surrender. "Y/N you're still so mean." He wined. 

Slowly, Y/N snaked her hands around Kazuha's waist pulling him into a hug. "But, I really did miss you a lot." She said in a soft voice.

Taken back, the boy smiled and hugged her back. Resting his chin on her head. "I missed you too." Kazuha whispered back. There's the soft Y/N he knew, the one that cried over the death of an old fox and the one who scraped her knees trying to climb a tree. 

Kazuha sat back down, bring Y/N with him since she wouldn't let go. With arms around her, he began to hum a song, one that he used to sing when he was little. Not soon after when the song was finished, he realized Y/N had fallen asleep. He took the opportunity to study the girl a little closer, she's grown older indeed but her childhood features still linger. Checking to make sure the girl was indeed sleeping, he planted a kiss on her forehead before picking her up bridal style. 

After asking around, he was able to locate the princesses bedroom. Placing her on the bed, he turned to leave. However, before walking out of the room something caught his eye, there were two maple leaves incased in a bookmark set on her nightstand. "Hmm how strange, why do they look so familiar?" he wondered to himself.

Getting out a pen and a paper, he wrote a note down and stuck it on the door making sure the princess wouldn't miss it when she wakes up. 

It seems you fell asleep last night, don't worry I didn't do anything strange I promise. To make up for our lost time how about I take you out tomorrow for some food and things? Be sure to avoid the tall woman in an eyepatch though, she's scary... I'll see you sunrise tomorrow at the docs, its a date ;) 

- Kazuha

Bonus scene:

"SOOOOOOOOOOO KAZUHA." Beidou says waiting for him by the board of the ship. "WHAT YOU GUYS DO? DID YOU KISS? DID YOU BEAT UP SOME GUARDS? DID YOU OVERTHROW AN ARCHON? DID YOU HOLD HANDS? DID YOU LOSE YOUR VIRGINITY? DID YOU ASK HER ON A DATE?" 

"I'm not answering any of that." Kazuha replied to process any of the questions. He proceeded to head down the stairs on the ship to his sleeping quarters. 

"SO YOU DID LOSE YOUR VIRGINITY!" Beidou teased.

The hell? Kazuha thought to himself.

"WAIT IM SORRY DON'T JUMP OFF THE BOAT." 

Fun Fact:

Kazuha has never been hugged by a woman before,  Beidou would occasionally throw her arms around him and that was it (more like throw him around). So when Y/N pulled him into a hug he had no idea what to do. One thing he learned that night though, were that tiddies were really, really, soft...

A/N:

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 2K READS, YOUR THE BEST. I've always hoped my writing would bring people some kind of joy and I'm so glad to see people are loving it. Maybe some lime next chapter? ;)