Chapter 27

"The food was great!" 

"Glad it suited your taste" 

"Where are we going now?" The girl asked as Kazuha and her started walking again. 

"It's a surprise."

"Why don't anyone tell me where they're taking me!" 

"Because it's a huge surprise this time." Kazuha says with a nervous chuckle. 

"You're not going to throw me off a cliff are you?" The princess asks eyeing the boy suspiciously

"get ready to light the fire"

"Of course not why would you think I'd throw you off a cliff? Kazuha says

"Well I mean you've dropped me in the ocean a few times." 

"Out of love." 

"Do I need to remind you of the time you watered a fountain and basically started worshipping vegetables?" 

"I was like... 9!" Kazuha says trying to defend himself. 

"I also remember the time you~" Y/N tried to continue teasing but was cut off by a kiss by Kazuha. 

"Enough teasing now, we've arrived at our destination." Before them was a beautiful view of the entire Inazuma, the streets illuminated by orange lanterns, pink trees and beautiful waterfalls, mountains in the distance and a vast ocean that glowed in the moonlight. 

"Wow...what a beautiful sight." 

"Almost as beautiful as you." 

"Oh please you and your-" Y/N's words were quickly overtaken with a loud boom. The girl turned her head to face the source of the noise only to be met by the beautiful night sky... and fireworks. Fireworks?  "Hey Kazuha I don't remember there was going to be a firework show tonight."

"Just sit down and watch." The Kaedehara said before sitting on the grass and placing Y/N on his lap and wrapping both hands around her waist. 

Red, orange, yellow. A hint of purple there. A splash of golden here. The fireworks truly were beautiful. Red, orange, yellow. The colours of the lovely maple trees in the autumn. Red as bright as the maple leaf Ms.Kaedehaera gave Y/N that day. 

"Taking a trip down memory lane?" Kazuha says noticing the look in the girl's eyes. 

"I can't believe I've known you for about 2 decades now, I've practically been with you since the beginning of my life." 

"Well...would you like to be with me for the rest of my life?" 

"Kazuha?" 

"That time we went out together I thought this ring looked pretty appealing don't you think?" Kazuha says taking a box out of his pocket. "And I thought where else would such a pretty piece of jewellery belong besides on you?" 

"Are you..."

"So Y/N my one and only princess, will you marry me?" 

Right on time, the largest firework erupted into the night turning the entire sky into a flash of red for a second. It was the exact same colour red as of Y/N's hairpin, and as of the two maple leaves Y/N had kept all those years. 

"You already know my answer, I followed you across the ocean and back... of course I'll marry you." 

"SEE BEIDOU I TOLD YOU I WOUDN'T MESS IT UP."

"Alright shut it Gorou we get it." 

"You two wanna bet on where those two will hold their wedding?" 

"Bring it on Ayaka, I know I've got this one in the bag." 

"Just because you were there when Kazuha bought the ring does not mean you'll get this right."

"Well what do you say Lady Kaedehara? Shall we? I promise I don't bite" 

End of Season 1, Phoenix Flame.