*Chapter 22*

Third POV:

"The resistance and the army won't fight until the afternoon, why drag me out so early Kazuha." The princess complained as the maple boy woke her at the crack of dawn. 

"I'm sorry my love but don't you think we ought to get ready? There's a big battle ahead after all." Kazuha says while giving her a quick peck on the forehead. 

"What do I have to get ready for..." Y/N says while half asleep. "I'll just... burn the entire... city..... down...." 

"Please don't do that the koi fishes would be very disappointed in you."

"I don't care." The princess says before turning the other way and hiding into the blanket. 

"Fine but just so you know, you made me do this." Kazuha says with a sigh before standing up and picking the girl up bridle style. 

"WAIT what are you doing." 

"Dragging you out of bed." 

"I said I refuse."

"A good morning bath will wake you up." 

"I'm not taking a bath."

"That's fine I'll just drop you."

"Drop me whER OMG KAZUHA I SWEAR TO GO IF YOU THROW ME INTO THE OCEAN-"

"Heh, that evens the score doesn't it princess?" Kazuha says with a cheeky smile, grinning at the soaked girl. 

"How dare you do this to such a find lady as me, don't you know that you could be punished for treason... of course I already know you're a wanted criminal but- HEY ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?"

"You know your shirt is white," The boy says completely ignoring Y/N's previous speech.

"What does my shirt colour have to relate to this."

"You're soaked. The shirt's transparent. I get such a nice view this early in the morninggg~" 

"Kazuha. You. Cheeky. Bastard." 

"Hey I already apologized stop being angry at me." The Kaedehara boy tries to justify himself. 

"No forgiveness will be spared for your sinful actions." 

"I guess I'll have to accept that for the time being." The boy sighed. "I'll cook lunch?"

"By my estimates the shogun's army will be attacking this afternoon, why bother making food when everyone else is on edge?" 

"I'm hungry."

"Fair point..."

The battle between the resistance and the shogun's army started when the sung was still high. With general Gorou and the help of the traveler the resistance had the upper strength in morale however, they were still out number in terms of men. 

Kokomi had gone to Beidou's ship and the her along with the captain, Kazuha and Y/N wasted no time in getting there.

"Seems like the puppy's having a little trouble." Y/N teased as she leaped into battle, Kazuha following behind her.

"Like your one to talk you don't even have a weapon." Gorou retorted.

"You'd rather I whip out a sword from my boobs?" 

"Yes." Kazuha wasted no time replying, the boy was sent back by a drop kick from the princess herself. 

"No fan service in a battle, you have to pay- Kazuha taking your wallet out now is not the time!"

The other soldiers seemed to be confused while the General just rolled his eyes at his friend's antics. It wasn't long before the soldiers fought back the army and led to the retreat of the shogun's forces. 

"It seems like your lady's quite the force to be reckoned with." Gorou joked to Kazuha as they both sat down to help the injured.

"Tell me about it," Kazuha says while taking out the bandages "she knocked me out with a shoe once." 

"Seems like you're in for a handful."

"And you? No luck with the ladies General?" 

"Oh hush, like my luck's as good as yours... but maybe..." 

As the boys joked and caught up with each other Y/N was busy killing time by bullying the hostages. Apparently the girl had went on and caught a few soldiers just so she could torment them. She had quite a laugh dressing them up as ducks and tossing them into the sea. 

"You know Kokomi this fight won't be over anytime soon." The princess says while having tea with the leader of the resistance."

"I'm well aware, but stopping it is no easy feat either, do you have a suggestion?" 

"I just have a feeling that talking to a certain fox might do the trick." 

"I'm assuming you already have a guess at how this will play out?" 

"Of course I do. First we trick the Fatui, then we trick the shogun."

"How would we do that?" Kokomi asked.

"We'll just have to wait and see." Y/N replied back with a smile. "For now I'm going back to Kazuha, puppy boy needs some cheering up too." 

"What's the deal with Gorou's nickname?"

"Oh I just have a feeling he'll have a story of his very own one day~" 

You truly are an interesting character  Kokomi thought to herself

FunFacts:

- The soldiers were all gawking like sea birds watching Kazuha attempt to flirt with Y/N

- Gorou had a fight with a dog over a stick... the dog won

- Would I spoil the story if I told my readers Scaramouche will be apart of this plot?

A/N:

Filler chapters of Kazuha and Y/N's childhood stories. Anyone wanna read?