DueanMeen

Title: 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜'𝗺 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂

𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐤

𝑫𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐:

***

Duean's POV

"Will you just leave me alone?!" I unintentionally shouted at the boy beside who kept talking to me.

I turned to him and i could tell that he was hurt because of what I did.

"Please, I want to be alone for now," I said it more calmly now.

"I-if that's what you want then I'm leaving now," He said and stood up ready to leave.

"i'm sorry Meen," I said looked at him

"It's okay Duean, I understand." I know it's not, we're both not okay at the moment.

Once he left, I slumped back down onto my bed with my hands on my face.

"ARGHH" I screamed in my hands frustrated. I stayed like that for a while until I didn't realize that I fell asleep.

~

"Duean!"

I stirred and rubbed my eyes as I heard Meen calling my name.

"Meen?" I looked around my room searching for Meen when I remembered that he left this morning.

I scratched my head and sat up. I stood up and went to the kitchen to get some food.

While rummaging through my refrigerator and cabinets, I unconsciously asked for help,

"Ey Meen, do we have some bread?"

I mentally slapped myself because of that. What's wrong with me?

I scratched my head and went back to my room after grabbing whatever I saw in the kitchen.

I went back to my room and sat on my bed. I reached for my phone and checked my messages. When I saw that there is still no update on our grandpa, I panicked, I kept bouncing my legs up and down, refreshing my message every seconds.

Oyyy I'm going insane! I gripped my hair out of frustration.

*Ting

I quickly looked at my phone and saw Pi's message

'Are you not going to pay a visit on our Grandpa?' -- Pi

'I can't. I don't know. We had an argument. Just tell him I'll get even more mad if he don't get better.' 

After I replied, I tossed my phone behind me and laid back on the bed again.

Oyy! I think I'm going crazy! I care for him but I'm mad, well not really mad. Oi whatever, just get well soon, grandpa.

~~~

3 days had passed, I woke up again and again with Meen's voice calling my name. Do I miss him that much? I even kept on randomly calling his name in every corner of my house, every damn time.

More days passed and I just kept myself locked in my room crying non-stop, but I can't bring myself to go to him. After I received the news, I never left my room again.

My family had been calling and messaging me but I never answered, looking at me and his picture was all I did.

'P'Duean please eat something'

'Please come out of your, son and eat something'

They kept messaging me but I will just look at it.

I don't want to eat. Even if I eat, I won't be able to bring him back to life

I sat at the very corner of my room crying my eyes out, when I heard it again

"Duean?" I heard his voice again and it feels real

"Meen?" I remembered how he comforted me whenever I'm down throughout these years. A comfort that I almost never let him feel from me.

"Meen?" I repeated

"Meen, please come back to me! I need you now. I'm sorry for pushing you away and chasing you out! Please come home na? I miss you so damn much! Don't leave me again, please."

I cried out loud, I might look like a fool talking alone but I didn't care, I miss him and I need him

"Meen~ Meen please~ come back to me"

"Duean I'm here, open the door please." My head turned quickly at the door.

"Meen?!" I hurried to the door and opened it.

I immediately hugged the person in front of me when I saw who that is,

"Meen!"

"I'm sorry, I really am, please don't leave me again na na na?" I cried out in his embrace.

"You miss me that much huh?" He caressed my back

"So damn much! Don't leave my side again please, I won't chase you away again so please don't leave me again," I begged as I hugged and cried harder.

"I won't leave you again I promise, I'm sorry for leaving you alone," He said and kept patting my head and caressing my back.

We stayed like that for a while but in my bed, he kept me company just letting me cry over the loss of my grandfather, he cooked food for me and fed me as I was too weak from crying.

We visited my grandfather's grave the next day with him next to me. I kept getting better and better as days go by with the help of Meen.

It's really true that you could only see the importance of something or someone when they are not with you at the moment or not with you anymore.

~~~

"People don't appreciate what they have until it's gone" - Nanno (Girl From Nowhere ep. 8)