KaoEarth

Title: 𝐈 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞

𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It was just another day for me, just sitting on a hospital bed, doing whatever I can do, not until a nurse came inside with a patient in a wheelchair.

I observed the patient, he look cold-hearted, he doesn't smile but he looks so handsome.

He stood up from the wheelchair and sat on the bed.

He looked at me, probably annoyed by my stare.

"What?" He asked coldly

"I'm Earth, what's your name?" I extended my hand but he just pointed at the end of the bed using his head.

I pouted before looking at the end of the bed where his name is written.

"Hi P'Kao, what's your illness?" I asked when I read his name.

"You don't need to know" He didn't1 even look at me.

I pouted again but I decided to continue.

"I have a lung c*ncer, and I've been here for almost all my life." He finally looked at me.

"I don't care." He said and went back to read a book.

I scowled at him and just decided to went back to my phone.

The next few days, someone visited P'Kao, oh how I wish someone will visit me too.

They were arguing but I don't want to invade their privacy so I just looked at my phone.

"I don't want that, just give it to Earth" I snapped my head towards him when I heard my name.

I pointed at myself confused, "M-me?"

The girl just went and gave me the food P'Kao rejected.

"I'm sorry you have to hear that, but here, I made these." She said and I looked at the food, it looks delicious.

"This looks so delicious, P'Kao why do you not like it?" I looked at him. He just shrugged.

"I don't care." There he is again with his 'I don't care'. I just sighed and looked at the girl.

"Thank you so much for this—?"

"Just call me Phi, I'm his sister" she smiled so I smiled back.

"Thank you, Phi" I thanked her and tried her food.

"Oho, Phi this is so delicious, I wish I could eat this every day," I said as I continue to munch on the food.

"I'm glad you liked it, I can bring you food if you want, just tell Kao," She said and pointed to Kao.

He didn't look at us so I just smiled at her

"Really Phi? Thank you. No one visits me here so I'm very happy about that." Yes, no one loves me anymore.

"What? Why?"

"Well they said that I have no hope since I've been here for almost all my life," I said and shrugged.

"I've been here for almost 10 years." I laughed half-heartedly.

I saw P'Kao looked at me but he just looked away immediately.

It was time for Phi to go home so we bid goodbye and she promised to come back with food for us.

Many more days have passed and I have learned what P'Kao's illness is. He still doesn't want to talk to me tho, but still, I keep bothering him until I can make him talk to me.