Five

Elliot convinced Olivia to stay in town, but she refused to stay at his parents' house. So Elliot called his partner and told him he'd be late before following Olivia back to her father's house. He helped her quietly move everything back into her room before Olivia walked him back to his truck.

"Um, thanks for talking me down." Olivia breathed as she raked her fingers through her hair.

"This is your home, Liv. Right now things are messy, but I think that in a few months things will get better. Everyone won't hate you anymore... and we can be friends again." Elliot replied softly.

"I really need to get out of here, especially because I don't want my girls to witness how bad things get. My father won't even look at my girls, let alone talk to them. He said some mean things about them and me the day I got here."

"He loves them-"

"No, he doesn't. He hates me and he hates them... You should get to work." Olivia breathed, and Elliot nodded. He stepped closer to Olivia before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close. He kissed her forehead gently before smiling softly at her.

"I'll call you tonight, okay?"

"El-"

"I'm going to help you feel better about staying here. I will be your rock through this all."

///

Once Elliot left, Olivia went back inside and into her room. She was going to take a shower and go back to bed, but her bathroom door was locked from the inside, and Olivia could just barely hear Evelyn inside. She was going to knock, but she stopped when she heard a deep sigh of relief.

Olivia hauled ass out of her room and to Evelyn's room. She opened her sister's bathroom door before staring her down as she wiped white dust off of her nose.

"Oh, my god." Olivia huffed, as Evelyn quickly turned to look at her sister.

"Get out of... Get out of my bathroom." Evelyn struggled to speak.

"You were just snorting coke in the same bathroom my daughters use! Oh my god, you inconsiderate child!" Olivia spat, as she went and turned on the shower before grabbing her sister's arm.

"I'm not a child! My mom just dead!" Evelyn yelled.

"I know, because she's my mom, too! Don't snort coke in here or anywhere! It's dangerous!" Olivia huffed. She quickly shoved her sister into the shower as she fought her before spraying her with the cold water. 

Olivia didn't know if this would help, but it made her feel better, at least. She liked watching as her sister squirmed and swore, before finally stopped her fighting. The bathroom door opened once again, and Trace walked in as he rubbed his eyes.

"What the hell are you two doing?!" He demanded.

"She's getting high again! She gives me shit for having kids and ruining my life in Seattle, but she thinks snorting coke makes her an adult. Makes her responsible and not a mess!" Olivia yelled, before going back to spraying her sister. Trace quickly pulled the shower head from his daughter before turning the water off.

"Don't treat your sister like this, Olivia. She's struggling." Trace spat before helping Evelyn off the floor of the shower.

"Like I'm not?! I don't understand you and I never understood Mom, either. You guys baby Eve, and then she thinks she can be an addict with no consequences! She's an addict, and she needs help! She needs to stop stealing and breaking things and be rewarded with a hug and a kiss. With you telling her it's okay to snort coke because she's struggling!" Olivia yelled.

"You need to get out of here and leave us be. Now." Trace ordered, and Olivia just rolled her eyes before unlocking the door and moving into her room.

Once again, Evelyn can do nothing wrong. Even when she's clearly higher than a kite.

///

Olivia decided that if she were staying in Manhattan to help her father, she wouldn't be able to live in the same house as him and her sisters. So as soon as it was light out, Olivia grabbed her kids and went searching for an apartment. She texted Elliot and told him she needed to talk when he got a chance.

"Why are we meeting here? Also, I'm on my hour lunch so I have a little time but not a lot." Elliot spoke, as he came over to where Olivia was pushing Lou on the swings while Violet slept in the sling across her chest.

"We are meeting here because I'm looking at apartments at the building across the street." Olivia spoke.

"Apartments? What changed in the last few hours?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia sighed as she looked down at Lou.

"Babe, do you want to go down the slide?" Olivia asked, and Lou quickly nodded.

"Yeah, I do!" She exclaimed, and Olivia smiled.

"Okay. Elliot and I will watch you on the slide." Olivia replied.

Once they had settled down on a bench and Lou wasn't listening to them, Olivia spoke.

"I caught Evelyn getting high this morning. My Dad got angry at me instead of her, so I have to get out of there. And I can't be allowing my girls to be around cocaine. They could get into it, and I could lose one or both of them. So I'm moving. I'm looking into apartments." Olivia breathed.

"I can arrest your sister-"

"No, don't do that. My father will kill me if that happens... I just... I need to get out of there and I needed to rant."

"Okay, well I'll move in with you." Elliot spoke, and Olivia laughed softly before looking at Elliot and realizing that he wasn't kidding.

"Wait, you aren't joking about that? You really want to move in with me? With my kids?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded as he waved at Lou.

"You could afford a better place than that if we worked together. Also, I'm being selfish."

"How are you selfish!? You have done so much for me in the last week!" Olivia exclaimed.

"Because I want you to stay here and I don't want to lose my friend again."

"El." Olivia breathed as tears welled in her eyes.

"We can look together after I get off the clock, because the sooner you get out of there... the sooner you and the girls will be safe."