Eighteen

Olivia laid in bed with her fiance the night that everything went to shit. She was still anxious about everything and incredibly disappointed that they wouldn't be able to celebrate Letty's first birthday.

"It's weird to know that two men are chilling in our living room, and two more are hanging outside in their car." Elliot breathed as he rubbed Olivia's back.

"I know... we can't do anything because they would totally hear us... especially since you are very loud." Olivia whispered.

"Hey." Elliot laughed quietly as he held Olivia closer.

"Agent Fields said something to me earlier, and it confuses me." Olivia admitted, as she sat up and looked at her fiance.

"What do you mean? What did he say?"

"Well, I thanked him for protecting us and I told him that I'm not that important... but then he said that I'm more important than I think."

"You might not be more than another case to them, but you are incredibly important to so many people around here." Elliot breathed, and Olivia nodded.

"You love me, don't you?" Olivia asked, and Elliot sighed softly before kissing the top of Olivia's head.

"I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. You are amazing." Elliot breathed.

"I know." Olivia grinned.

///

The next morning, Olivia woke up and changed Letty's diaper before helping Lou use the bathroom. Then she went into the kitchen to make coffee, but was beyond surprised when she saw Letty's birthday cake sitting on the counter.

"Agent Fields, the bakery doesn't open until eight." Olivia smiled as she saw the agent come into the kitchen and move to where he had left a pizza box. He opened it before nodding.

"I know, but I called them and they let me pick it up early. If we move in the morning or late at night, it's a little safer. Harder for that bastard to try and snipe you." He spoke. Olivia was happy at the start of his statement, but then cringed at the end.

"Thanks, Agent Fields." Olivia breathed.

She went about making coffee as the agent ate cold pizza for breakfast. Once the coffee was brewing, she turned to the man and decided to dig deeper about what he had said last night.

"How am I more important than I think I am?" Olivia mused, as she leaned against the counter.

"That is classified." He replied.

"I should be allowed to know more about myself. So, tell me. I won't tell anyone else. I promise." Olivia spoke.

"Ma'am." He sighed.

"C'mon, Fields! Tell me so I don't go crazy!" Olivia exclaimed.

 Agent Fields rolled his eyes before groaning deeply and nodding.

"Okay. But I need a cup off coffee in my system before I tell you."

"Deal."

///

Olivia sat on the edge of her bed as her heart beat hard in her chest. She was in shock about what she heard, and she didn't know how to absorb it all.

"The girls are up." Elliot spoke, as he opened his bedroom door before walking in.

"Okay." Olivia whispered.

"Are you okay?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, I'm not."

"What happened? You and Agent Fields were in here for a while."

"Lucky for you, he gave me permission to tell you... but there has been some dark shit happening in my family."

"Like?" Elliot breathed.

"Well, to start, the reason I am so important is because I guess someone knows me in the FBI and when they saw my name pop up, they got worried. Also, I guess my dad is one the most wanted criminals list."

"Trace Benson? Trace Benson, that used to be a mechanic?" Elliot asked with wide eyes. 

"Trace Benson, the man that sells drugs and uses his shop as a cover. Trace Benson, the man who got my sister addicted to drugs. She found out about what he was doing, and took the drugs from him as a bribe. Then he tried to blame me for the shit he did... El, stuff has gotten a hell of a lot more confusing." Olivia whimpered as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Elliot sank down beside her before wrapping his arms around her body.

"I'm confused too, but just know that what he does... doesn't change how I feel about you at all. Okay?"

"I need to change my last name as quick as possible, along with the babies, and my sisters. We can't be involved in the crime family my father is probably involved in... I am so scared that maybe my father's old debts will come back to bite me instead of him." Olivia sniffled.

"You and the girls will be Stabler's in no time. Then maybe your sisters should start using your mother's maiden name."

"What about Evelyn?" Olivia breathed.

"What do you mean?" Elliot questioned.

"Evelyn was bribed into continuing drugs... he was the one that kept giving her the drugs and helping her overdose time and time again. She's probably more involved in this than I thought." Olivia frowned.

"She's a lost cause, Olivia. We can't do anything else for her. We just need to focus on us." Elliot spoke, before hearing as the door opened.

"We need you to move into the living room right now." Agent Fields spoke, as he moved to the window and shut the blinds quickly.

"What? Why?" Elliot asked.

"There is someone on the roof across the street. Get into the living room right now and we are sheltering there until we know what is happening."

///

Olivia, Elliot, and the girls sat on the floor in the kitchen. There weren't any windows in there, so whoever was looking into their apartment couldn't see them. 

"Mama, I need to go." Lou whimpered, as she stood and danced a bit in front of her parents.

"Agent Fields, my kid needs to use the bathroom." Olivia frowned.

"Doesn't she have a diaper?" He replied.

"She's three. She's potty trained." Olivia replied quickly, as she saw how desperate her daughter looked.

"Stay there, Olivia. Elliot, you can take her." He spoke. Elliot stood up quickly and grabbed Lou before running her to the bathroom quickly.

"Has the man moved yet?" Olivia asked, as she kept Letty occupied with a few blocks.

"No, but-" 

Agent Fields couldn't finish his statement because somewhere in the apartment a loud gunshot sounded and everyone held their breath.