Eight

As Olivia leaned back, Elliot stared at her with wide eyes. He didn't know what to say, especially because he had a hard time believing that Olivia had just kissed him. That the girl he had the biggest crush on for years had finally kissed him, and it wasn't forced at all.

"El?" Olivia asked as she looked at Elliot.

"Did you just kiss me?" He whispered, and Olivia nodded.

"Kinda. It wasn't full on, but I touched my lips to yours." Olivia replied.

"Do you like me?"

"El." Olivia breathed, and Elliot sighed before nodding.

"Sorry... I just... you are the girl I really like! The one that I love and really care about." Elliot breathed.

Olivia smiled softly before reaching out and pulling Elliot closer. She kissed him again, but this time she really kissed him. Their arms wrapped around each other, and the kiss got deeper and much more passionate.

"You are a great kisser." Elliot breathed as he pulled Olivia as close as possible.

"You are too, handsome... we should probably get some sleep..."

"The girls should be good for a while, right?" 

"I just fed Violet again. So yeah. Why?"

"Join me in my room tonight. I should be able to help you sleep."

///

Back at the hospital, Jackie was allowed to see her sister. Trace was still on his way back to the hospital after checking to make sure Olivia moved out, so Jackie was allowed to see her sister before her father.

She walked in and found her sister clutching a basin, and Eve didn't even notice Jackie at first.

"You are so dumb." Jackie frowned.

"W-what? Why are you here? Where's Dad?" Eve breathed heavily.

"He went to make sure Olivia moved out. He is blaming her for you overdosing again. Which that... that is your fault. You were the one who decided to try cocaine and get addicted to it. You destroyed our family and everyone blamed it on Olivia. You are so fucking dumb." Jackie huffed.

"Everything that has happened is her fault. She ruined our family. I didn't." Eve breathed as she closed her eyes.

"I would totally trade you for Olivia any day. Mom and Dad never saw how you were doing this all for attention, but we can. You have them feeling bad for you, but I don't feel bad for you at all."

"I almost died-"

"And it was your fault! You probably gave Mom a heart attack, because she was so worried about you! If she'd wake up one morning and find you laying on the bathroom floor with white dust on your nose! So I don't feel bad for you!" Jackie yelled. A nurse came in quickly, and looked between the sisters.

"If you cannot keep it down, I will have to remove you. Do you understand?"

"I could care less. I won't be back, and I plan on completely ignoring you when you get home. Since Dad still thinks that four overdoses isn't enough to send you to a real rehab."

///

Olivia's life was really crazy, so what happened that night didn't shock her. She just never expected it to happen.

"Letty is going to need to be nursed soon..." Olivia sighed, as she laid with her head against Elliot's bare chest.

"I can go get her. Bring her in here." Elliot offered, and Olivia shook her head.

"Nah, it's okay. I don't want your parents to realize that we just had sex." Olivia breathed.

"We are adults, Liv. They won't kick you out if they find out we slept together. And anyway, we are moving out soon. A place of our own where they can't stop us." Elliot chuckled. Olivia sat up before climbing out of bed and grabbing her t-shirt.

"I have been single for like, eight months or so... and I don't want to make any big decisions. So can we be casual? Like, no titles until I feel more stable?"

"Of course, Liv. I'm never going to force anything on you."

"Awesome, because I don't need another Brad."

"You really haven't told me much about him..."

"I think that he was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I don't regret the girls at all, especially since they are the only two things keeping me going... but Brad was a mistake. He tricked me, honestly. He was such a good boyfriend at first, but then things got bad when I got pregnant. I didn't want to have sex, but he kept saying that if I was a good girlfriend that I'd have sex with him. First time we did anything, I got pregnant with Lou and he got so angry."

"Did he use the line that sex was better without a condom? Or that he was too big for one?" Elliot asked as Olivia found her underwear and her shorts.

"He used both. I was too young and naïve to realize that he was just being a dick."

"I'm sorry, Liv."

"Don't apologize. I was in a new place, working through a lot of feelings, and shit just happened. I think I was the happiest the day that Lou was born, but then I kinda just dealt with things the years following."

"I'm surprised that you don't have more kids, especially if Brad was as much of a douche as you said."

"I would have had four... I miscarried two babies in between Lou and Letty. Brad didn't know, but it was because he was busy screwing one of my classmates."

///

Bernie and Joseph watched the girls that day, so Olivia could go job searching and because Elliot had to work a shift. Olivia applied to a ton of more places, but she didn't know if she'd get a job. She was disheartened at around two in the afternoon, and she ended up calling Jackie to see how Evelyn was doing.

"She is a complete bitch." Jackie huffed.

"Jackie, did she do something?" Olivia asked.

"She is still blaming everything on you! She is telling Dad that you are buying the drugs for her! That you were sending her money for the coke! Dad believes her!" Jackie yelled into the phone.

Olivia swallowed hard as tears welled in her eyes.

"Of course he believes her... she can do nothing wrong."