Twenty-Seven

The first day was hard, but the second day was even worse. Olivia's daughters didn't really understand what was happening, so being away from their father and grandparents was confusing and hard. They cried for all three missing family members, and Olivia couldn't do anything to soothe them.

"I have a rape kit." Elliot mumbled, as he walked into his wife's lab. Olivia didn't acknowledge her husband, and just focused on the test she was running.

"Excuse me, I have a rape kit." Elliot spoke louder and with more anger. Olivia sighed softly before standing and turning to her husband.

"Would you like me to grab a senior lab tech, or are you okay with me grabbing it?" Olivia snapped.

"Lose the attitude, Olivia." Elliot spat.

"Don't come into my lab and be a bitch to me. So either give me the kit and get out, or let me locate someone to help you." Olivia hissed.

She was exhausted from a night of crying babies, so she didn't need her husband's shit right now. She didn't even want to be near her husband right now.

"You work for me-"

"How can I help you, Officer Stabler?" Another tech asked, as he entered the lab. Olivia turned away from her husband quickly as tears streamed down her pale cheeks.

"I'm here to drop a rape kit off, while also needing to report your little tech over there."

"Your wife?" He asked, as he signed the paperwork before accepting the kit.

"Not for long. But she has an attitude and isn't doing her job. I will right a formal complaint if I must." Elliot huffed, as he looked over at his wife.

"No, that won't be necessary. I will deal with her. We will call once the kit is processed."

Elliot stayed a moment longer before turning and stomping from the room. Once the door was closed, a loud sob left Olivia's mouth and her sadness was now topped with embarrassment, too. She didn't want to cry at work in front of her superiors, but after what just happened she couldn't stop herself.

"Olivia?" The tech asked softly, as he approached her.

"I'm sorry, Jerry. I didn't mean to make things messy... I promise to do better." Olivia whimpered, as she turned to look at him.

"Don't worry about it, kid. Sometimes our life won't stay out of work. I will finish what you are doing, and I'd like you to take your break. Get some air and calm yourself. Okay?"

"Yes, sir."

///

Olivia grabbed her jacket and went outside for her first break. She was shaking and stumbling as she walked, but she didn't care. All she wanted was to feel the wind on her face and hopefully relax enough to return to work for the day.

Olivia grabbed onto a pole once she was outside and ran her fingers over the cold metal as she breathed slowly.

"You better get fucking fired." A bitter voice huffed. Olivia turned slowly and saw Elliot, which made matters worse.

"Just go away." She whimpered.

"No! You need to go away! Run away again!" Elliot yelled, as he stomped towards her.

"This is my job! I can't just-"

"Be the little coward you are and run. Go back to Brad, because I'm sure he'll take you back. He loves broken, worthless, dumb bitches." Elliot growled.

Olivia wanted to plug her ears and scream, but she knew that wouldn't block out her husband's words. Those words would always be swirling around in her mind.

"I never should have married you! I have wasted a year of my life on you, and it has been the worst year of my life! You are a horrible woman... a waste of space and air!" Elliot yelled.

"Stop." Olivia panted as her heart started to beat hard against her chest.

"No! Because you need to hear this! You need to hear what people think about you! You are going to fuck up so badly here, that they will have to fire you! Olivia, no one loves you! No one cares about you! So just get the fuck out of this damn city and never come back!" Elliot hissed, before giving Olivia a shove for good measure.

Olivia was weak and shaky, so she couldn't support herself and keep her balance. She fell to the ground and didn't move. She could barely breathe at this point, let alone stand and defend herself.

"I will be filing for divorce. I'm just so thankful that I didn't knock you up, because I don't think I could stand to look at a baby that looked like you. Stay away from my family, Olivia." Elliot growled, as he squatted down beside her.

He stood once he was done, before jabbing her in the back with his shoe and stomping off.

///

Olivia sat in her bedroom that night with tears on her cheeks. Her boss had found her laying on the sidewalk, but he hadn't managed to get any information out of Olivia. All he knew was that she had fallen, but wasn't strong enough to stand up by herself.

Olivia had come home after work, but she didn't do much. Her sisters and aunt had taken care of the girls that night, since Olivia could barely keep herself from zoning out most of the night. Everyone was worried about her, but didn't know how to approach her.

"The girls are in bed. I gave them a bath, but I feel like most of the bath water ended up on me." Sara spoke softly, as she walked into her niece's room.

"Thanks." Olivia whispered.

"You are very welcome... but I think we need to talk." Sara breathed.

"A-about what?" Olivia asked nervously, as she lifted her eyes from her hands.

"About what happened today. You seem lost, and that doesn't sit well with me."

Olivia sighed softly, before standing and moving to her bed. She started to pull the sheets back as Sara watched her. Olivia was just about to climb into bed, but Sara stopped her.

"Olivia, you need to tell me."

Olivia turned to look at her aunt before swallowing hard.

"Elliot doesn't love me anymore."