Thirty-Five

The couple laid tangled together, their bodies covered in sweat and their chests rising and falling quickly. Tonight was the first time they had made love in months, so neither of them spoke afterwards. They just tried to process what had happened, and if they wanted to allow it to happen again.

"I love you." Elliot panted as he ran his fingers through Olivia's messy locks.

"I love you too." Olivia smiled before resting her head against Elliot's shoulder.

They laid there for several long moments before Olivia sat up slowly.

"How are you doing?" Olivia questioned.

"What do you mean?" Elliot mused.

"Are you feeling good about what we just did? I don't want for you to be overwhelmed or-"

"Overwhelmed? Baby, I feel amazing! We just made love for the first time in forever, and it was like we never stopped! God, I can't stop smiling!" Elliot exclaimed, as he quickly flipped his wife over.

Olivia's eyes went wide as a small smile grew on her lips. Elliot didn't look manic at all. He just looked happy. 

"Thank you for an amazing night, Elliot. The dinner, the conversations... what we just did. It was perfect, and I enjoyed it."

"I'm glad you liked what I planned. Now, I'm thinking we should try this all again." Elliot spoke with a mischievous grin.

"Oh, really?"

"Really. Let's go, babe."

///

Olivia didn't know what would come of her birthday, so she took the day after off. Then she could have a long weekend and spend plenty of time with her family. Olivia woke up after a night of fun, but Elliot's side of the bed was cold and empty. Olivia slowly climbed out of bed and found her robe, before padding out of her bedroom. She stopped short and smiled when she heard three voices instead of just one.

"Elliot?" Olivia asked softly as she made it to the kitchen.

"Mama!" Lou exclaimed.

"Hey, Lou and Letty! What are you two doing here? I thought Gran and Papa were keeping you two until noon?" Olivia questioned as she walked over to her kids. She placed soft kisses to their messy curls, before turning and looking at her husband.

"Okay, so I wanted to spend the day with all three of you. So I went out and picked up the items on your grocery list, then picked up these two cuties. Now I'm making waffles for breakfast." Elliot spoke nervously.

Olivia blinked away tears before stepping towards Elliot.

"Thank you, baby."

"Y-you are very welcome." Elliot breathed. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to Olivia's lips, before holding her close for a long moment.

The couple kissed for several long moments before Lou yelled.

"Daddy, I think you are burning the waffles!"

"Dang it! I guess Mama is too much of a distraction for me." Elliot sighed, as he turned away from Olivia, as she blushed a dark red.

///

They spent all day together, and it was incredibly special. Lou and Letty got to spend more time with their father than they had lately, and Olivia couldn't stop thinking about how amazing it was to see Elliot as a father again. He was meant to be one, and Olivia was certain of that.

"So, I think I'm going to head home." Elliot spoke, after shutting the door to the girls' room.

"Are you sure?"

"Liv, we didn't agree to overnight visits when the girls are here."

"Okay, but I'd like you to stay overnight." Olivia replied softly. She stood up and moved to Elliot, before resting her hands against his waist.

"Babe." Elliot breathed.

"I don't want to force you into staying if you don't want too... but as long as we keep moving forward, then I don't see a problem with a few sleepovers."

Elliot thought for a moment before hugging Olivia to his chest. He rocked them back and forth before leaning back and looking down at the love of his life.

"I need a timeline."

"Okay?" Olivia questioned, confused.

"If we do sleepovers, then I want to know when those can change to an everyday thing. I want to move back in, if that is okay with you."

"Well, what about another month of just sleepovers? Then after a month we can discuss you joining us here... for good." 

"Really?" Elliot smiled, and Olivia nodded.

"Really. Now, take those off and I'll meet you in my room. I gotta lock up." Olivia grinned, and Elliot let out a quiet laugh.

"Yes, ma'am."

///

Elliot ended up spending the entire weekend with his wife and daughters. Whenever he was going to leave, either Olivia wanted him to stay or one of his little girls did. He couldn't say no to either, so he kept staying. By Monday morning, he finally had to go home. He brought the girls with him, since Olivia was working, and Bernie was waiting to talk to him.

"Ma, I really wanna take the girls outside to play. Can this wait?" Elliot asked, as he gathered the snow clothes that he needed for his daughters.

"No, it can't wait, Elliot Stabler. We need to talk about where you have been all weekend." Bernie frowned as she stepped forward and stopped Elliot from grabbing a tiny pair of snow boots.

Elliot sighed as he stood up and looked at his mother.

"I spent all weekend with my wife and daughters. When you asked where I was, I told you that. If you don't believe me, then just ask Lou and Letty. Those two girls spent every day with me." Elliot replied softly.

"Slumber parties weren't part of the agreement, kid." Bernie spoke.

"Ma-"

"No, I mean it Elliot. You aren't ready to be a full-time father and husband. You still have bad days, and even worse days."

Elliot rolled his eyes as he snatched up the boots before turning and walking to the couch.

"Ma, I promise you I'm fine. I am ready to get back into my life. I'd even like to ask Olivia about trying for a baby. And if you have a problem with what is happening and don't want it to happen, then I am more than willing to move in with Olivia. I won't even think twice. Trust me."