Seven

"He doesn't mean it!" Jackie called as she raced after her sister. Olivia had already made it to her car, and she stopped to look at her sister.

"He calls them that all the time. He can't even look at my daughters because he hates them so much, and he hates me too. So go back inside and just wait with him... And stop making excuses for him. He's a monster and so is Evelyn. That is why I'm leaving." Olivia sighed. 

Olivia got her daughters buckled in as Jackie just watched. Once Olivia was done, she turned around and looked at her sister.

"We just got you back and you are already leaving us again? I thought you were back for good... that we could be a family again. Like before you graduated." Jackie frowned.

"We weren't a family, Jackie. I was constantly getting into fights with Eve and I kept seeing her getting high, but Mom and Dad didn't care. They said that she would get help, and that I just had to leave her alone. That I had to stop picking on her, when I only ended up talking to her when she started to do things to me." Olivia frowned.

"Mom and Dad didn't tell us much... so what happened?" Jackie whispered, and Olivia just shook her head.

"If they wanted you to know, then you'd know by now. But clearly you know that she does drugs, and this is her second-"

"Fourth overdose. She overdosed twice while you were gone."

"Jackie-"

"Once you left, she stole from me. She took my laptop and sold it, then that night she had to be rushed to the hospital. Mom and Dad said that they could make her better, but hugs and a lot of love will not help her become sober. They were a really bad rehab." Jackie said with a weak laugh.

"I love you all, but I don't want my kids getting into whatever drugs Evelyn could be hiding. They could die, just like her. So I'm leaving. Elliot and I have been looking into apartments, so I guess it's just happening sooner than I thought." Olivia spoke. She stepped closer to her sister before hugging her tightly.

"Will I still see you? Eve sucks as an older sister..." Jackie mumbled into her sister's shoulder.

"Of course, sweetie. I will always be your big sister."

///

Olivia went back to her father's house and packed up again. She laid Lou and Letty on the bed, as she went about packing up all of her daughters' stuff first. As she was closing a box, Olivia's phone lit up and buzzed. She quickly grabbed it before putting it to her ear.

"Yeah?" Olivia whispered.

"Olivia? Why are you whispering?" Elliot asked.

"Oh, hey. Uh, my girls are sleeping and I'm busy right now. So what's up?"

"Okay. Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tomorrow night? Maybe like a date... but as best friends." Elliot spoke.

Olivia stopped packing as her eyes went wide.

"My father kicked me out of the house. I have until midnight to get out and find a place to stay."

"Why did he kick you out?!" Elliot exclaimed.

"Eve overdosed again tonight, and it's my fault. So-"

"I'm going to talk to my parents. See if you can stay there. Give me a moment. I'll call you back."

Elliot hung up quickly, and Olivia sighed before going back to packing. She stopped when Violet woke up, and she was feeding her daughter when Elliot called back.

"Hel-"

"They said you can stay with us until we get a place. So I'll be over at your father's house soon. I love you, Liv." Elliot spoke before hanging up once again.

///

When Elliot got to Olivia's place, Olivia was already packing up her car. She shut the trunk before turning to look at Elliot.

"I could have helped you." Elliot spoke, and Olivia shrugged as she moved towards him.

"My deadline is in fifteen minutes, and I got a text from Jackie saying that my father was coming home to make sure I was out. If I wasn't out, he would call the police and have me arrested for trespassing." Olivia spoke. She stepped towards Elliot before hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry that I just kept hanging up on you. I just wanted to make sure that we got you out of here as fast as possible." Elliot sighed as he rubbed Olivia's back and rested his cheek against her hair.

"It's fine. I'm just glad you are here... and I do love you too, El. I heard you say that, but you didn't let me respond."

"We hadn't talked in years, but you were still my best friend. I will always love you and care about you... that is why I'm so willing to help you."

"You are my best friend too... we should really get going. It's late and I don't want to be arrested tonight." Olivia mumbled.

"Of course. Let's go."

Olivia had just started down the road and towards Elliot's house when she passed her father's truck. He didn't seem happy to see her driving away from the house, and it made Olivia dislike him even more. It was like he wanted her to be in jail and suffering. He wanted her to be just as unhappy as he was.

///

Olivia couldn't sleep that night, so she ended up on the back porch and just sat in the silence. 

"You should be exhausted after today." Elliot smiled as he sat down beside Olivia.

"I should be, but I'm not. I can't fall asleep, and if I have Letty on my chest, I usually can. But not tonight." Olivia frowned.

"You will get this all figured out soon, Liv. You won't be this confused, upset, and angry as you are right now." Elliot spoke, as he looped his arm around Olivia's waist and pulled her close.

"Do you think I might get my shit together, eventually? Like that I might settle down, finish college, meet a great guy?" Olivia sighed, before turning her head to look at Elliot.

"You may always be a mess." Elliot teased, and Olivia smiled before leaning in close and pressing a soft kiss to the corner of Elliot's mouth.