Nine

Olivia went out to her father's house after her talk with Jackie. She knew her father wouldn't be there, so it was safe to see her sisters and try to calm Jackie down.

"Liv!" Jackie cried, as she ran to her sister as soon as the front door was opened.

"Hey, Jackie. Please don't cry." Olivia frowned.

"I'm so angry! I can't stop crying and screaming! We all are so angry at Dad for what he's doing!" Jackie huffed as she stepped out of her sister's embrace and wiped tears from her cheeks.

"Does he want me to get in trouble?" Olivia questioned as Penny and Colleen came over to hug her.

"He is talking to a lawyer... even the cops. He asked if Evelyn could get off with no charges at all if he turns in her dealer. And Daddy claims it is you." Jackie sighed.

"If they look back on my records, they can see that I have had no contact with a family member since before I left for college. Then Dad called me to tell me that Mom died."

"He's probably going to plant something on you... he will not stop until you are feeling the pain he is... Do you think he might get the girls taken away from you?" Jackie questioned, and Olivia swallowed hard as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"God do I hope not. But you never know, he hates me. Just don't get too worried about this. The cops will question you if he tries to pin this on me. So just tell the truth. Okay?"

"Liv, I don't want to be here anymore." Penny whispered, and Olivia nodded.

"I know, but I can't get you out of here. I'm living with the Stablers right now, and I don't even have a job. If I could, I would in a heartbeat. Trust me."

///

Trace got home late that night and found Jackie in the kitchen. She was cleaning up the kitchen while also waiting for a load of laundry to be done.

"Why are you still up?" Trace questioned.

"I had stuff to do tonight. Evelyn never did her chores, so I'm doing twice the amount I'm supposed to do." Jackie sighed.

"Evelyn doesn't need to do chores. She's going through enough as it is. Just pick up her slack and we can figure this out when she's better." Trace replied.

"She will never get better, Dad. Especially since you don't think she needs rehab. You just hope and pray that one day you won't come home to find her dead in the bathroom." Jackie huffed.

"Watch your tone, Jackie. You better respect your sister and me. It's my choice, and I'm not sending my child away."

"If you would have sent Eve to rehab before, you wouldn't have lost Olivia. But then again, you hate her and the babies." Jackie replied. 

"Those babies are mistakes. Just like your sister. Our family would have been much better without her." Trace huffed. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer before downing it quickly.

"Lou and Letty are the sweetest babies. Mama would have loved them, and she loved Olivia. You are dealing with things the right way, and in the end you will be stuck with only Eve. No one else wants to be with you. Penny and Colleen hate it here just as much as I do. We will all leave as soon as we graduate, I can promise you that."

"Your mother would be so disappointed in your sister! She is a slut and just as unwanted as those little bastards! You and your sisters better be fucking thankful that I'm going to let you live here after you said those nasty things about your sister! And those lies about your mother! So get the fuck upstairs and go to bed."

"Sometimes I wish that you would have died instead of Mama. Then maybe Evelyn would be in rehab and we could have Olivia back. So I could watch my nieces grow up."

///

Olivia was never religious, so she stayed home the next morning instead of joining everyone for church. Lou was stuck to Bernie the whole morning, so the little girl joined them. Olivia stayed home with Letty, and she continued to look through the help wanted ads hoping to find a job, while also hoping she'd get a call back about the other jobs she had applied for.

Olivia was just getting back inside after taking Letty for a run with her when she saw two police cruisers in the driveway.

"I don't think she's here." An officer spoke.

"Are you looking for me?" Olivia questioned, and the officers turned around quickly and saw her.

"Olivia Benson?"

"Yeah, that's me. What's happening?" Olivia asked, as she looked down into her baby and saw that Violet had fallen asleep during her run.

"We have some questions for you. So you are going to have to come down to the station."

"Q-questions about what? I have done nothing wrong." Olivia breathed as tears burned her eyes.

"We can discuss this at the station. Either we can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

"I can't just go down to the station with you. I have a baby and my other daughter will be back soon. Can this wait?" Olivia asked, but then she cried when another officer came over and cuffed her.

"Hey! Stop! Please! Let me just follow you back! Please!" Olivia begged.

"You can put your daughter's car seat into the back of the cruiser, and we will take you down. We don't want you getting away."

///

Olivia was shaking as she sat in an interrogation room. Some officer was watching Violet, but Olivia knew her daughter would be hungry soon and she didn't have any bottles for her at all.

"Alright, let's talk about your sister."

"Evelyn?" Olivia asked weakly.

"Yes, Evelyn. Your father said that you are her dealer."

"W-what?" Olivia whispered.

"So we are going to search all of your stuff and find what you are hiding from us."

"I'm not hiding anything! I don't do drugs, sell drugs, or buy drugs! Evelyn does this all by herself!" Olivia cried.

"If you continue to lie-"

"Sir, I'm not lying to you. My sister always stole from me when I was living at home and she was buying drugs with money she stole. I wasn't in contact with my family from when I left after graduation up until my mother died. I hate my sister for what she's doing, and I'd never help her do that. So if you can't believe me when I say that, then I'm going to need a lawyer and a phone call. I also need you to bring me my daughter, because I have done nothing wrong, and she needs me."