Nineteen

Olivia held her baby to her chest with one arm and covered her mouth with her free hand. She had to stay silent because she knew that the bastard might hear her screams and cries.

"Olivia, hold tight." Agent Fields breathed as he crawled into the kitchen and looked at her. Olivia nodded weakly as she rocked back and forth.

Agent Fields moved slowly from the kitchen and towards the bathroom. 

"Elliot, are you and the kid okay?" He asked quietly from outside the door.

"Lou wet herself and has some cuts... I don't think I'm hurt at all." Elliot replied softly.

"I'm going to open the door and you two are going to crawl out. I know there is glass everywhere, but we need you two to get out of there."

"Can someone get my kid some clean clothes and a new pullup?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah, we can do that. Now, on the count of three, you two need to get out of there."

The door opened quickly, and Elliot moved from the bathroom as fast as he could. The door was slammed shut again, just in time for another bullet to be shot into the apartment.

Olivia closed her eyes tightly and hugged her baby as close as possible. She prayed silently for those in her apartment, because she didn't want anyone to die. Especially Lou and Elliot.

"E-elliot?" Olivia finally whimpered, as she felt her heart pounding against her chest.

"I think I just crapped myself, but I'm okay. Lou is too, baby." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded as she looked down at Violet.

"We are all good, Letty. Daddy and Lou will be back with us in a few moments. I promise."

///

The agents didn't get to the shooter in time, so they couldn't arrest him. Olivia and Elliot packed up what they could before being moved to a safe house outside the city. 

"I grabbed the cake for you." Agent Fields spoke as he glanced back at Olivia.

"What?" Olivia questioned, as she gently dabbed blood from her daughter's arm.

"The baby's cake. For her first birthday? You forgot to grab it, so I did."

"Thank you so much." Olivia breathed.

"Yeah... I'm sorry about what happened, Olivia. It never should have happened." He frowned.

"Don't apologize. This isn't your fault. My father is the bastard that hired a man to kill me. Who knows... he might have hired him to kill my kids, too. It happened, and eventually it will be less scary to think about... mostly when I'm in a safe house and can properly clean my daughter's wounds."

The car ride was long, but Olivia couldn't sleep like she had wanted to. She knew that they went super far out of the way, to make sure they lost someone, but the ride seemed incredibly long.

"Okay, we are going to enforce a windowless room policy. The basement is secure, and we are having extra teams here. Four agents in the house and another set outside. We are going to make sure that nothing like this morning happens again." Agent Fields frowned as he helped carry in a few suitcases.

"Do you think that you'll find the guy soon?" Olivia asked as she carried Violet into the safe house.

"We are trying our hardest to find him. Now, let's head downstairs."

///

The first night was harder than expected, especially since Olivia and Elliot couldn't sleep. They didn't have any place to escape to and talk about everything that had happened, so they laid silently in bed and thought about everything that had happened.

"Good morning, Louise." Olivia smiled as she got her daughter up for the day.

"Mama." Lou sighed.

"What's wrong, Louise?" Olivia teased, and Lou let out a giggle as her mother poked her belly.

"I'm Lou, Mama." The small girl smiled.

"Are you sure? I'm certain that when I met you for the first time, I named you Louise." 

"Mama, I wanna see Papa." Lou frowned, since the teasing only made her smile for a few moments.

"I know, Lou. I wanna see him and Grandma too. But if we see them, we will put them in danger."

"They could get hurt like me?" Lou whispered, and Olivia sighed before nodding.

"Yeah, sweetie. We don't want that to happen." Olivia spoke before lifting her daughter up. She carried Lou to the small bathroom before helping her daughter use the bathroom and then brush her teeth.

When Olivia walked out with Lou, Elliot was changing Letty's diaper and talking to her softly.

"Did you end up falling asleep?" Olivia asked, as she sent Lou to play.

"No, I didn't. I couldn't sleep after almost dying." Elliot frowned. He finished up with Letty before sitting her on her feet and watching as she toddled towards her sister.

"El, I am so sorry that happened... I should have taken Lou, and then I would have been the one to shit myself instead of you." Olivia said with a weak smile.

"He probably would have killed you. I hate to say that you wouldn't have been as lucky as I was... I don't think I would ever forgive myself if you had been shot and killed while taking our kid to use the bathroom."

"Once we get out of here, I hope we can still get married and start our life together. That I can graduate and start working in a crime lab, be an amazing wife to you, and not only be a mother to our girls but more kids to come... El, my life is messy and I do apologize for dragging you into it."

"Our life is messy, Olivia. It always has been, and probably will always be messy. But it is just how we are."

///

Trace smiled as he walked down the hall of the prison in cuffs. He was told that he was getting moved, and he prayed for a small prison where he could escape with ease. He needed to get his daughter and leave for a different city, state, or country.

"Ah, Trace Benson." A man spoke when he saw Trace.

"Who are you?" Trace asked, and the man grinned before turning around and showing off his FBI jacket.

"Your worse nightmare, sir."