Twelve

Elliot went home after his trip out to see Trace. He wasn't nearly as upset as he thought he'd be, but he got to rant to himself about his talk on the way home.

"Hey." Olivia smiled when she saw Elliot walk in. 

"Hi. How was the rest of your shift?" Elliot asked, and Olivia sighed as she moved to him before hugging him tightly.

"It was okay. But my day is not even close to done yet. I still have to go in and clean your damn precinct, so you better have left that bathroom clean." Olivia replied.

"I tried my hardest, I promise." Elliot laughed. He leaned down and kissed her a few times before moving over to see what Olivia was making.

"It's only spaghetti. I didn't have time to make anything else, and I probably won't even have time to eat this." Olivia frowned.

"Can we talk before you head out?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Sure. But you are going to have to make sure Lou and Letty have bathes tonight, since the girls didn't give them one today."

"I can do that, Liv. I went and saw your dad."

"Why did you go and see my dad? I told you many times before that I wanted nothing to do with him or Evelyn."

"I was hoping that I could get him to cave and just admit to what he had done wrong. But instead he was an ass and kept saying it was your fault. He is delusional, and I honestly think he might be missing a few of his marbles." Elliot sighed.

"El, I don't think he's crazy, but he will probably use that as his defense. Then he'll go to a hospital for a bit, before coming home and making my life a living hell... once again." Olivia frowned.

"Call your Aunt Sara and tell her to accept the transfer. Then at least we will be living in our own place when he gets out. Okay?"

"I'm never going to see my sisters again once he gets out, El. I hate knowing that that is going to happen." Olivia whispered as tears burned her eyes.

"Jackie will be graduating before you know it, and she can bring the girls to see you. Now, go get ready for work. I will clean the house and have the babies clean and in bed when you get home."

"Thanks, El. I love you." Olivia breathed.

"I love you too."

///

Olivia went to Elliot's precinct and waved at a few detectives and officers as she made her way to the top floor. She and a bunch of other women cleaned the building every night, so at least she wasn't doing it all alone. Olivia was just finishing her first floor when two men walked out of the elevator. They looked around before waving her down.

"Yes?"

"I'm Detective Compton and this is-"

"I know who you two are. You are the ones working on my father and sister's case. The one that was mine until your squad realized I wasn't a drug dealer. If I was, I wouldn't be working two jobs." Olivia sighed. She took her gloves off before tossing them into the garbage can on her cart.

"Olivia, we are sorry about that and everything else that happened. How the officers were rough with you." Detective Compton frowned.

"I had my baby strapped to my chest when they forced me into handcuffs. I should sue your entire unit for what happened, because no one believed me when I was telling the truth. No one cared that I could have fallen and hurt my daughter when your officers were being way too rough with me. So please don't apologize for something that was done on purpose." Olivia grumbled. She went to push her cart past the men, but was stopped.

"We need to talk about your father's case. Your sister is in rehab, so you won't have to testify on her case. But you might have to on your father's." Detective Compton explained.

"I don't want to do that. You have evidence against him, so I think you should just figure something out without me."

"We can pay you-"

"No! You aren't paying me to put my father away! I don't want to be involved at all, because I hate this! I wish that this never even happened, because then maybe I would have been there when my mother died!" Olivia cried.

"What happened to your mother?"

"She died in her sleep a few weeks ago. I hadn't talked to her since the night of my graduation, so I never got to say goodbye or that I loved her. It was Evelyn's fault."

"Did she kill-"

"Evelyn didn't kill our mother as far as I know, but she is the reason why I couldn't say goodbye to my mother. So can you guys just leave me alone?"

"Olivia-"

"Please. I'm trying to support my daughters, and I can't do that if you are here distracting me. So please, show yourselves out of the building."

///

Trace sighed deeply as he sat in the visiting room. He was told he had a visitor, but he didn't know who it was going to be. He was just about to close his eyes and take a nap when the sound of heels sounded in front of him. He opened his eyes before spotting his wife's sister.

"Sara." Trace sighed, as Sara sat down across from him.

"Trace, orange is not your color." Sara smiled. She had hated Trace from the moment he and Serena got married, because she knew Trace wasn't good enough for her sister. Now she was proven right.

"What are you doing here?" Trace spoke, as he leaned back.

"I just wanted to tell you that I am going to be taking care of the girls while you are in prison. I will tell them the truth of what has happened over the years."

"I don't want you anywhere near my-"

"The next of kin can take care of them, and Olivia can't. So I am. I hope you enjoy the fact that your kids will hate you by the time you are released, and that they want nothing to do with you."