Chapter 3

Please note: this chapter contains mentions of sex, please skip the part surrounded by '----' if that offends you.  

Louis slept better that night than he had in the three years since his Mum's stroke. He woke up with a smile on his face and turned to Emma, waking her with a soft kiss. She smiled sleepily at him and kissed him back.

  ----------  

Louis felt his cock stirring at Emma's kisses, and slowly trailed his hand up her sides until he reached her breast. Cupping her breast with his warm hand, he stimulated her nipple with his fingers. Emma giggled and asked playfully, "Feeling frisky this morning, are we?" Louis responded by pulling her body close to his so he could grind his hard cock against her mound while he kissed her deeply and trailed his hand lower.

  ----------  

After making love, Emma snuggled into his side, pushed his sweaty hair out of his eyes and kissed him. Louis returned the kiss and then with a gentle peck on the tip of her nose smirked, "Good morning". They lay there cuddling and catching their breath for a few minutes. Giving each other a final kiss they reluctantly got out of bed, showered and dressed for work. They ate breakfast together at the kitchen table chatting about their plans for the day and checking in with each other what time they'd be home after work.

As Louis rinsed the plates off, they heard the doorbell ring. Emma went to open the door, expecting the postman. She stood in shock with the door wide open as what seemed like a thousand cameras started flashing at her and reporters' shouts for a statement, questions about the reunion and about her and Louis' relationship were fired at her. Time stood still as she stared in stunned silence, but in reality it was only a few seconds until a tall mixed race man in a black suit pushed past her and slammed the door shut.

Hearing the commotion, Louis came into the hallway, still drying his hands on a tea towel. He looked worriedly at Emma who was gaping at the man who had pushed his way into their home and Louis quicky crossed the hall to push her behind him, instinctively acting as a human shield. The man held out a hand for Louis to shake and introduced himself politely, "Hello, I'm James, I'm your new bodyguard."

Louis and Emma stared at James in shock as he asked them to quickly pack enough clothes and essentials for the next few days. They would be leaving for London within the next half hour. Louis made a noise like a strangled cat, eventually managing to choke out, "So soon?" James nodded and told them they must leave right away and they would explain everything on the journey.

In a blur they packed their things, stuffing random stuff into a suitcase and within about 20 minutes they were ready to go. James outlined the plan to get them through the paps and radioed to the rest of the staff to bring the car round and prepare for the exit. The 10 seconds or so to get to the car were some of the most overwhelming of Louis' life. Having been out of the spotlight for ten years, he had forgotten the blinding flashes, the pressing in of bodies around you until you felt crushed and the bombardment of questions and requests for statements. His body seemed to react with muscle memory, pulling Emma close to him keeping his head down and running to the car, while the bodyguards fought to keep the reporters away.

Emma was shaking and looked like she was about to cry when the car door was finally closed and they drove off. They clung to one another while their breathing steadied and Emma softly asked, "Do you ever get used to it?" Louis shrugged and told her, "Not really", forcing himself to regulate his breathing and slow his heart-rate. After they had calmed, they looked up to see James and a smartly dressed woman sitting opposite them, with two more bodyguards in the front, one driving.

Sensing that the couple were ready, the woman next to James introduced herself as Melanie, their allotted management team member, the other lads each getting their own allocated manager from the team. She apologised for the shock and the speed at which things happened and told them that there had been a leak to the press about the reunion and they had to spring into to action earlier than planned. She explained that she had hoped to set up meetings with them for the end of next week to get the ball rolling, and to have arranged for everything to be in place before a press release went out, but that they now had to react to the situation as it stood.

She let them know that they would not be returning to work; the management team had contacted Emma and Louis' employers and had arranged for their contracts to be suspended. From that day their sole focus would be the reunion and the associated publicity. She continued, "As you've seen, there is a considerable amount of interest in this reunion and the publicity demands will be substantial. When we arrive at your accommodation, you will have half an hour or so to unpack and then we will get started". After a slight pause she advised kindly for them to rest for the remainder of the journey - there would not be another opportunity for quite some time.

For the next few hours, Louis and Emma curled up around one another as they sped down the motorway towards London and tried to digest the onslaught of information and experiences they had received that morning.