Chapter 38

It was nearly lunch time when Louis woke, feeling refreshed after his long sleep. He frowned when he turned over to find the rest of the bed cold and Harry gone before rolling out of bed with a sigh and going to the bathroom. After brushing his teeth he found his phone and turned it on to see if he had any messages, half relieved when there weren't any. He pulled some sweats and a t-shirt on and headed downstairs, smiling as he saw Harry bustling around the kitchen. He greeted his boyfriend with a minty kiss, smiling fondly at him when Harry mumbled, "Was just about to wake you, I'm making a Sunday roast, it's nearly done". Louis' stomach rumbled in answer and they giggled before Harry swatted his arse and told him to go and chill out in the other room.

Louis curled up on the sofa, turning on the TV and loading up the tablet, choosing an old American Dad series before checking his emails and looking at twitter. His twitter feed was full of mentions, and Louis couldn't believe how quickly things had gone back to like the old days. He smiled to himself at the 'Larries', coming up with theories about his and Harry's interactions over the last few days, the hashtag #LarryIsReal mentioned in many of them.

He laughed to himself as he decided to tease them a bit, scrolling through to find to find a video of him and Harry in their youth, one without a 'Larry' related hashtag. He retweeted it, writing, '@Harry_Styles can you believe we were ever this young? You old man'. He laughed loudly to himself as twitter immediately went crazy, Harry popping his head round the door to ask what was going on and Louis saying, "Just fucking with the fans on twitter", with a grin. Harry chuckled and pulld out his own phone to see what Louis had done. While Harry looked at his phone, Louis found a picture captioned 'Foetus Liam', with his Justin Bieber haircut and retweeting with the comment, '@Real_Liam_Payne that hair mate lolololol :-) #ThenISawYourFaceNowImABelieber'. He saw Harry had tweeted a response and smiled as he read'@Louis_Tomlinson I'll always be two years younger than you, old man :-) x'.

He decided to tweet Zayn and Niall as well, scrolling to find silly pictures of them when they were younger, settling on a GIF of Niall crying when he didn't get through as a solo artist on x-factor tweeting '@NiallOfficial bless...', and one of Zayn dressed as a girl from the Best Song Ever Video '@ZaynMalik Veronika is hands down the fittest bird I've ever seen'. He laughed as the fans retweeted and commented in their thousands, before seeing the lads quick responses.

From Niall, '@Louis_Tomlinson you dick ;-)'; Liam tweeting a photo of Louis' equally embarrassing Bieber hair at his audition with the comment '@Louis_Tomlinson as if you can talk! #bieberfever' and Zayn tweeting '@Louis_Tomlinson still waaaaay out of your league love'. Louis grinned before sending one last tweet '@Real_Liam_Payne And I was like baby, baby, baby, I thought you'd always be mine'.

Louis turned his attention back to the TV, realising he'd missed most of the episode, distracted by tweeting the boys and decided to mute it. He turned his attention back to twitter, following Samantha, Perrie and Layla and favouriting some fan photos and art before turning the tablet and the TV off when Harry called out and asked him to lay the table. He laid the table as Harry finished making the gravy and served up the food, mouth-watering smells wafting from the roasting trays.

Louis smiled at Harry and kissed him as Harry passed him a steaming plate, piled with roast chicken, potatoes and vegetables. Louis almost inhaled his lunch; even as a young man Harry's cooking had been utterly amazing and it had gotten even better over the years. He mumbled around a roast potato, unwilling to stop eating the delicious meal long enough to compliment Harry, "If you weren't such a good singer you totally should have been a chef, this is incredible". Harry blushed at the compliment while taking small cat like bites, completely at odds with the way Louis was cramming the food into his mouth uncouthly.

Louis was absolutely stuffed, having had seconds of lunch, joking to Harry, "Fancy a run?" and groaning as they got up to move onto the sofa, laughing at the idea of exercise after all that food. Harry played with Louis' hair as they sat and chatted, talking about all the things they had done during their time apart, so much to catch up on. They'd had many deep chats over the last few days, really exploring each other's memories and emotions, getting to know one another inside out again. Louis' phone beeped with a message from Niall asking if they were coming over for dinner and to watch the show together. He discussed it with Harry, before deciding they would go and he replied accepting the invitation and confirming times.

Louis discretely angled his screen away from Harry as he saw an unread email from Melanie letting him know that Monday's date was all planned. He smiled to himself, excited about taking Harry out and spoiling him. The message continued that a nurse would be coming Tuesday morning to do a sexual health check-up, security was arranged for them to go to Holmes Chapel on Tuesday afternoon for 3 days, then to Doncaster on Friday. Louis could have a one or two hour long singing lesson, in person while he was in the UK and via video call while the wee abroad, every day of the break if he wanted. She was working on arranging the details of the holiday, and would keep them updated. Louis told Harry the plans, leaving out the date night and they each texted their Mums and siblings to let them know when they'd be home. Louis smiled as he got the replies from his family expressing their delight at the thought of seeing Harry.

They lazily cuddled on the sofa, watching a movie while their stomachs processed the large meal, whiling away the time before they had to meet the others, neither in the mood for anything strenuous. Harry muted the TV when the credits rolled and Louis turned to face him, looking up at Harry through his long lashes and murmuring, "I am so head over heels in love with you. How is that possible in less than a week?" Harry kissed him in response, pulling him close before answering softly, "Because darling, we've both felt this way for 15 years even if we didn't know it. It's different from a normal relationship. I don't even feel like this is rushing it, it just feels so right".

Louis nodded happily, agreeing with him and kissing him again, before leaning his head on Harry's shoulder, lips tracing Harry's neck and breathing out, speaking the words in a slight lilt, not quite singing, "I have loved you since we were eighteen, long before we both thought the same thing". Harry completing the lyric lovingly, "To be loved, to be in love". They looked at each other adoringly before Louis smirked and said, "Ed knows how to write a cracking tune, who knew it would be so apt?", making Harry laugh and agree, "That he does, love, although I was 16, you cradle snatcher!", Louis joining him in laughter before tickling him as a punishment for making him sound like a dirty old man. Harry wheezing out through his giggles, "Remember how Niall always sung 'chonce'?" and they both snorted, belting out loudly, "We took a chonce" before collapsing into giggles again.