Chapter 44

Harry shook Louis gently to wake him as they turned off the M6, the familiar route making him smile as he murmured, "Wake up babe, we'll be there in five minutes". Louis grumbled as he woke, rubbing his cheek against Harry's crotch as he sleepily came to. He sat up and yawned, stretching out his arms and back before giving Harry a goofy smile, "Haven't been here for so long". Harry watched as a shadow passed across Louis' face a frown suddenly appearing as Louis whispered anxiously, "Are you sure they want to see me?"

Harry laughed and said "Don't be daft love, of course they do", silencing Louis with a kiss as he started, "But..." Harry tilted, leaning his forehead against Louis' as he said firmly, "They love you, as do I, and they can't wait to see you". Louis nodded tightly, his teeth worrying his chapped lips before Harry ran a thumb over them and kissed him again, murmuring, "Don't worry love". Louis felt himself relax under Harry's kisses and pushed his nerves about seeing the Styles family away.

They pulled outside Harry's house, Louis remembering the first time he'd seen it, after boot-camp when they'd come up for a week to get to know each other before judges' houses. Inevitably there were already a few paps there and Chris got out, jogging up to the doorbell to ring it before jogging back to grab the bags from the boot and open the door for the lads.

Harry and Louis got out, ignoring the shouted questions as they walked to the door. Anne opened the door, pulling them inside out of sight and shutting the door against the flashing cameras. The moment they were inside Anne pulled Louis into a long hug, tears pooling in her eyes as she moved back to cup his cheeks in warm hands and say sincerely, "It's so good to see you, son". Louis felt his own eyes wetting at Anne's greeting, feeling silly for ever having doubted her. Robin came into the lounge and shook Louis' hand warmly, clapping him on the back as Anne greeted Harry, pulling her son into a loving hug and beaming at him.

Robin went to put the kettle on while Harry and Louis said goodbye to James and Chris as they needed to check into their hotel. Harry and Louis dropped their bags at the bungalow at the bottom of the garden where they'd be staying and headed back to the house, greeted by Robin with steaming cups of tea, asking Louis, "Milk, no sugar right?" Louis nodded thankfully as he took the mug, taking a deep sip and wincing as the too-hot tea burnt his tongue. They sat on the couch with Anne and Robin opposite, chatting and catching up as they drank their tea, Anne glancing between the boys with a wide smile. Anne told the boys Gemma would be over for dinner with the kids and Harry beamed, having not seen his sister or his nieces in about a month.

Things in Holmes Chapel were easy and full of joy. Gemma and the kids came over each day and Louis loving getting to know the little girls, poking their dimples and making them squeal as he played with them. The days passed quickly, Louis easily falling back into the family dynamic which he'd once been a part of. They spent their days in the house chatting and laughing, posting photos to Twitter, watching DVDs and reminiscing; their nights spent making love in the bungalow. Louis met his vocal coach and they spent a few hours each day working on his singing and Louis' confidence slowly started to return as he regained control of his voice. Harry would always give him privacy while the vocal coach was over, staying in the main house while Louis practiced scales over and over again in the bungalow.

Anne cornered Louis in the kitchen on the second day there, Harry distracted by Gemma and his nieces and they sat over a cuppa chatting softly. Anne searched for answers in Louis' eyes as she grilled him about how he felt about her son, nodding and smiling as she found the love she was looking for in Louis' honest replies. She drew him into a long hug murmuring, "I'm so very happy for you both".

They chatted with the lads every day, sending messages to the group chat, as well as emails between the lads and management, negotiating a new contract for an album and world tour. It was confirmed they would all be staying in Ireland for the rehearsals so Niall could be with his family, and they would fit in writing sessions and recording sessions throughout the rehearsals and tour. Louis, Harry and Zayn left most of the planning and negotiations up to Liam and Niall, knowing they were better at that sort of stuff and were more particular about the way things were planned, occasionally dipping into the conversations if there was something they wanted to add or suggest. They all approved the press interview and photos, pleased with the draft they'd been emailed, and excited for it to come out on Friday.